With our reference GeForce GTX 980 from NVIDIA consuming around 280W, the MSI GeForce GTX 980 Gaming 4G LE was consuming 320W or so during our Battlefield 4 testing at 2560x1440. Considering the MSI card has two 8-pin PCIe power connectors versus the two 6-pin PCIe power connectors on the reference card, this is not too much more power.
But as you can see, from our overclocking on the MSI card, the power consumption jumps up 40W to 360W or so in Battlefield 4. 360W is still fine, as its 90W lower than the SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 290X 8GB Tri-X, and 265W less than the same card from SAPPHIRE but overclocked.
As you can see, the MSI GeForce GTX 980 Gaming 4G LE is one of the quietest cards we've tested.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Quick Specs and Availability & Price]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Detailed Look]
- Page 3 [Card Specifications & Cooling Setup]
- Page 4 [Testing Method & Test System Configuration]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Synthetic (3DMark and Heaven)]
- Page 6 [Game Benchmarks (1080p)]
- Page 7 [Game Benchmarks (1440p)]
- Page 8 [Game Benchmarks (4K)]
- Page 9 [Performance Summary]
- Page 10 [Overclocking]
- Page 11 [Power Consumption and Sound Testing]
- Page 12 [Software]
- Page 13 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch games lineup: a visual guide
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 3080: Volta GPU, GDDR6/HBM2 support
- Bandai Namco reveals why Tekken 7 was delayed
- Intel launching next-gen 20-threaded CPU in August 2017
- Final Dark Souls 3 Ringed City DLC coming March 28
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- COLORFUL announces the iGame GTX1070 X-TOP-8G Advanced Limited
- LYRobotix set to release a VR Motion tracking system for mobile gaming
- I Am Setsuna coming to Nintendo Switch on March 3
- 2016 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational Season 2 voting event starts
- Garmin announces the Approach G30, adds a small but powerful handheld to its golf GPS offerings