With our reference GeForce GTX 980 from NVIDIA consuming around 280W, the MSI GeForce GTX 980 Gaming 4G LE was consuming 320W or so during our Battlefield 4 testing at 2560x1440. Considering the MSI card has two 8-pin PCIe power connectors versus the two 6-pin PCIe power connectors on the reference card, this is not too much more power.
But as you can see, from our overclocking on the MSI card, the power consumption jumps up 40W to 360W or so in Battlefield 4. 360W is still fine, as its 90W lower than the SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 290X 8GB Tri-X, and 265W less than the same card from SAPPHIRE but overclocked.
As you can see, the MSI GeForce GTX 980 Gaming 4G LE is one of the quietest cards we've tested.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Quick Specs and Availability & Price]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Detailed Look]
- Page 3 [Card Specifications & Cooling Setup]
- Page 4 [Testing Method & Test System Configuration]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Synthetic (3DMark and Heaven)]
- Page 6 [Game Benchmarks (1080p)]
- Page 7 [Game Benchmarks (1440p)]
- Page 8 [Game Benchmarks (4K)]
- Page 9 [Performance Summary]
- Page 10 [Overclocking]
- Page 11 [Power Consumption and Sound Testing]
- Page 12 [Software]
- Page 13 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MacBook Pro GPU issues caused by software, not AMD
- HP's new supercomputer is 8000x faster than your PC
- AMD's Zen-capable X370 boards preview on December 13
- AMD's next-gen Vega 10 leaks - are they the real deal?
- Don't press new 'Guardians of the Galaxy' trailer button
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset