Micron Storage Executive SSD Toolbox
A couple months back, Micron introduced a nice piece of software for SSD management. This toolbox works with all Crucial SSD's from the M500 forward. Storage Executive has all the necessary management features that compliment SSD ownership. With Storage Executive, you can monitor your drive's health, view how much data has been written to the drive, perform a secure erase and update firmware easily.
Storage Executive opens in your internet browser.
The System Information tab gives you a brief system overview, lists your attached SATA drives, their health status, capacity, serial number and firmware status. The System Information page tells you the current temperature of your Crucial/Micron drives.
Clicking on a drive gives you more detailed information, including the amount of data that has been written to the drive over its lifetime.
If we hit the Sanitize Drive tab, we can select the Crucial/Micron drive we want to secure erase. Note: You can only SE in AHCI mode, RAID mode does not work, and is our lone complaint about Storage Executive.
Before Storage Executive will reboot your computer and secure erase it, you have to grant permission.
The Firmware Update tab allows you to update your drive's firmware. Ours is up to date.
The S.M.A.R.T. tab lists all monitored attributes of your Crucial/Micron drive. Overall, Micron's Storage Executive is a very nice piece of management software. The only complaint we have is that you have to be in AHCI mode for the Sanitize Drive function to work. It would be nice if it would work in RAID mode as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details, Test System Setup, Array Properties]
- Page 3 [SSD Toolbox]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks - ATTO, Anvil Storage Utilities, CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks (Trace Based OS Volume) - PCMark Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - Max IOPS, Disk Response & Transfer Rates]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 8 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni