Micron Storage Executive SSD Toolbox
A couple months back, Micron introduced a nice piece of software for SSD management. This toolbox works with all Crucial SSD's from the M500 forward. Storage Executive has all the necessary management features that compliment SSD ownership. With Storage Executive, you can monitor your drive's health, view how much data has been written to the drive, perform a secure erase and update firmware easily.
Storage Executive opens in your internet browser.
The System Information tab gives you a brief system overview, lists your attached SATA drives, their health status, capacity, serial number and firmware status. The System Information page tells you the current temperature of your Crucial/Micron drives.
Clicking on a drive gives you more detailed information, including the amount of data that has been written to the drive over its lifetime.
If we hit the Sanitize Drive tab, we can select the Crucial/Micron drive we want to secure erase. Note: You can only SE in AHCI mode, RAID mode does not work, and is our lone complaint about Storage Executive.
Before Storage Executive will reboot your computer and secure erase it, you have to grant permission.
The Firmware Update tab allows you to update your drive's firmware. Ours is up to date.
The S.M.A.R.T. tab lists all monitored attributes of your Crucial/Micron drive. Overall, Micron's Storage Executive is a very nice piece of management software. The only complaint we have is that you have to be in AHCI mode for the Sanitize Drive function to work. It would be nice if it would work in RAID mode as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details, Test System Setup, Array Properties]
- Page 3 [SSD Toolbox]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks - ATTO, Anvil Storage Utilities, CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks (Trace Based OS Volume) - PCMark Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - Max IOPS, Disk Response & Transfer Rates]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 8 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ben Affleck's solo Batman movie will arrive in 2018
- Battlefield 1's new update includes SLI fixes, and more
- Nintendo Switch accessories begin to get detailed
- 'Transformers 5' gets first trailer, explosions ensue
- PS4 Pro dev kit auctioned with 800GB of encrypted data
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand