Over the course of the last five years, be quiet! has probably made more ripples and waves in the power supply industry than anyone else, and rightfully so. The company came swinging out of Germany with some uncompromising products, including power supplies. They have been rapidly expanding and now provided cases, coolers, and more.
We've looked at many of their products in the past ranging from low wattage, quiet units to high wattage enthusiast units that are, well, still quiet. Every unit that we've seen from be quiet! so far has shown superior quality inside and out, and the performance given by each unit has been nothing short of awesome. We are expecting the same level of performance and quality out of the unit that we have on the bench today.
The power supply in question is the Straight Power 10 800W PSU. The Straight Power series is aimed at those who don't want to spend as much as a full out enthusiast grade unit, but also don't want to be stuck with a cheap quality unit you get when you scrape the bottom of the barrel. The Straight Power 10 series is available in modular and non-modular varieties although the 800W model is only available as a modular unit.
be quiet! promises to be true to their name and keep the sound down with this unit, utilizing their Silent Wings 3 fan.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The Straight Power 10 800W power supply features a quad 12V rail design. The first two 12V rails are rated for 20A each with the last two rated for 24A each. Combined they have a maximum output of 65A or 780W. The minor rails are rated at 25A each with a combined maximum output of 160W. The 5VSB rails is rated for 3A or 15W. Maximum combined output for the be quiet! Straight Power 10 800W power supply is 800W.
Keeping true to their ability to deliver uncompromising quality, the be quiet! Straight Power 10 comes with all the protections and features you could want. The unit features SCP, OVP, OCP, OP, and OTP. All of the cables are modular except the 24-pin Main connector and all are fully sleeved in black mesh. The power supply is rated for 80 PLUS Gold Efficiency. Finally, the be quiet! Straight Power 10 800W power supply is rated for 100% continuous output at 50C.
be quiet! has an MSRP of $169.90 on the Straight Power 10 800W. This makes it one of the more expensive 800W 80 PLUS Gold units on the market, but thankfully, you can do some searching and find them a little cheaper at most etailers. The be quiet! Straight Power 10 is easily found at most common online shopping destinations. The Straight Power 10 series is backed by a five-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Switch's add-on box to use the cloud to boost GPU power?
- GabeN admits Steam support needs more work
- First all-electric car ever to complete the Dakar rally
- LG announces X300, an entry-level smartphone
- Valve's future games might beam directly into your brain
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup