I remember hearing about the Philips Hue lighting system when it was first announced, and then again, when it was first released. I did not pay much attention to it as I remember it being an exclusive to iOS, as Philips had not made an Android application. At least that is what I remember from when it launched. It has been a while since then, so when I was over at a friend's house and he turned it on. I was instantly convinced.
As soon as he switched it on, the room transformed. It went from a normal living area to something I had not seen before. A complete personalization of his living room from his iPhone. Yep, I had to have one.
As soon as they were powered on, he began tweaking them, leaving me to my amazement. But it wasn't until my own kit arrived that I was truly blown away. Being able to personalize the lighting of your room from your smartphone is something I did not think I would need, but it wasn't until the Philips Hue system was enabled in my room that I was in love. Before we get into just how amazing I think the Philips Hue lighting system is, let's run through the usual specifications, pricing and availability.
The light bulbs themselves are normal E27 format, which means they will screw right into most current light fittings, but with my house having specific down lights, I had to go out and buy some lamps. I actually preferred the idea of having lamps, as I was able to place the Philips Hue lights wherever I wanted in my office.
Pricing & Availability
The Philips Hue Personal Wireless Lighting starter pack is available on Amazon right now for $199.95, with Prime availability, too. It's available right now for order, and should be available from select electronics retailers close to you. Double-check this obviously, as not all electronic retailers stock the Philips Hue systems.
PRICING: You can find the Philips Hue wireless LED Bulb [3 pack] for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Philips Hue wireless LED Bulb [3 pack] retails for $319.51 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Knack 2 place further emphasis on 2 player co-op
- Rocket League gets a new map and a DLC car
- Battlefield 1 dev said shovel digging might come back
- South Korea is getting an online version of Titanfall
- Artificial intelligence creates a (bad) Christmas song
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset