Anvil Storage Utilities
Version and / or Patch Used: RC6
So, what is Anvil Storage Utilities? Anvil Storage Utilities is a storage benchmark for SSDs and HDDs where you can check and monitor your performance. The Standard Storage Benchmark performs a series of tests; you can run a full test, or just the read or the write test, or you can run a single test, i.e. 4k QD16.
Anvil Storage Utilities is not officially available yet, but we've been playing with the beta for several months now. The author, Anvil, has been updating the software steadily on several international forums, and is adding new features every couple of months.
We can use Anvil several different ways to show different aspects for each drive. We've chosen to use this software to show the performance of a drive with two different data sets. The first is with compressible data, and the second data set is incompressible data. Several users have requested this data in our SSD reviews.
0-Fill Compressible Data
Phison controllers do perform differently with the data type. Compressible performance is much higher than incompressible performance, but not for the same reasons as SandForce controllers.
Low Queue Depth Read IOPS
*Notes a test with 64% incompressible data.
Using a mix of compressible and incompressible data to determine consumer workload performance, we see that the Silicon Power S60 240GB has a difficult time processing random read data in comparison to many of the other drives on the chart.
High Queue Depth Read IOPS
The random read IOPS only reach 43K. Silicon Power didn't rate this metric on their specifications sheet.
Low Queue Depth Write IOPS
High Queue Depth Write IOPS
Silicon Power specifies the S60 for up to 85K random write IOPS. As you can see here, the Phison S8 version of the S60 only makes it to 63K IOPS, and that comes at QD4.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing, and Availability]
- Page 2 [Silicon Power S60 240GB SSD]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Initial Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Mixed Read / Write Workloads]
- Page 7 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test]
- Page 8 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test - Continued]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Enter our giant 'BFG' Blu-ray giveaway thanks to Disney!
- Discover the 'Secret Life of Pets' in our Blu-ray promo!
- PlayStation Plus Instant Game December line-up leaked
- Star Wars creator George Lucas 'really liked' Rogue One
- Facebook debuts 'Instant Games' app worldwide
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset