The temperature of the core is pulled from MSI Afterburner with the max reading used after a completed run of 3DMark Vantage at the Performance preset.
Taking a look at the temperature, you can see the load number is solid here coming in 10c lower than the reference GTX 980 4GB. While the idle is up, that's of course due to the fact that the fans don't spin when the card is under 50c.
Pulling out the TES 1350A Sound Level Meter, we find ourselves quickly yelling into the top of it to see how loud we can be.
After five minutes of that we get a bit more serious and place the device two CM away from the fan on the card to find the maximum noise level of the card when idle (2D mode) and in load (3D mode).
Noise levels are solid with the MSI GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Gaming OC sitting in the middle of the pack when it comes to load numbers. Of course, at idle, the card doesn't make any noise thanks to the fans not spinning when below 50c.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Video Card Details and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup & FPS Numbers Explained]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Sky Diver & Catzilla]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven & Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2 & Just Cause 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks -Metro Last Light & Nexuiz]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2 & Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution & Tomb Raider]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite & Battlefield 4]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - GRID Autosport]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - 4K - 3840 x 2160 Testing]
- Page 15 [Temperature & Sound Testing]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Testing]
- Page 17 [Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple iPhone 6s was the best-selling smartphone of 2016
- Rogue One looks great, even in a fan-made VHS commercial
- Intel working on next-gen Xeon with 32C/64T of power
- Xbox boss: first-party Project Scorpio games 'critical'
- Apple rumored to consider purchasing Disney
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Gigabyte Aorus z270x Gaming 9 Motherboard Bios Code: bcc0
- New Mobo and my W10 Install?
- Just finished my PC-011 Build
- ASUS M51Vr Notebook. Long story.
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse