8k Random Read/Write
Many server workloads rely heavily upon 8k performance, and we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our server workloads also test 8k performance with various mixed read/write distributions.
The average 8K random read speed of the PM853T is 52,511 IOPS; the 845DC EVO averages 52,731 IOPS; the Micron M500DC averages 48,034 IOPS at 256 OIO; and the Intel DC S3500 measures 44,444 IOPS. The PM853T and the 845DC EVO provide impressive read speed, but do not beat the M500DC by nearly as large of a margin as observed with 4k random read activity.
The two Samsung SSDs fall within a very similar latency envelope during the measurement window.
The M500DC easily leads with an average of 23,852 IOPS; the PM853T pulls in second with 8,561 IOPS; the 845DC EVO averages 7,112 IOPS; and the DC S3500 averages 6,937 IOPS.
Once again, the M500DC distances itself from the pack during pure write workloads.
The PM853T features resilient performance in mixed random workloads.
Power consumption for the PM853T averages 3.99 watts; the 845DC EVO averages 3.54 watts; the M500DC averages 4.77 watts; and the DC S3500 averages 3.75.
The M500DC leads the efficiency test convincingly with 4,877 IOPS per watt; the PM853T pulls into second place with 2,281 IOPS per watt; the 845DC EVO averages 1,994 IOPS; and the DC S3500 averages 1,584 IOPS per watt.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Samsung PM853T Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Database/OLTP and Web Server]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Email Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Horizon Zero Dawn: solid 30FPS on the PS4 Pro
- AMD Ryzen explained: motherboards, CPUs, and more
- SpaceX successfully lands another Falcon 9 rocket
- Nintendo Switch teardown teases massive 4310mAh battery
- Mass Effect Andromeda's latest gameplay video is here
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- Looking for help overclocking a GA-EP43-UD3L
- I5 6600k OC settings.. aorus z270
- ASUS K55VM (LAPTOP A55VM) can't control fan speed for myself
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league