128k Sequential Read/Write
128k sequential speed reflects the maximum sequential throughput of the SSD, and is indicative of performance in OLAP, batch processing, streaming, content delivery applications, and backup scenarios.
The SM843T averages 457 MB/s at 256 OIO. The SM843 pulls ahead with an average of 528MB/s. The Micron P400M averages 414 MB/s, while the Intel DC S3700 delivers an average of 474 MB/s.
The SM843 provides the lowest overall sequential read latency.
Sequential write performance is important in tasks such as caching, replication, HPC, and database logging. The SM843T is second in this test, with a speed of 380 MB/s. The SM843 leads with 501 MB/s, the P400M averages 314MB/s, and the DC S3700 scores 360 MB/s.
Once again, the closest competitor for the SM843T in some situations is the SM843.
The SM843T is very competitive in mixed sequential workloads, winning the majority of the read/write mixtures.
The SM843T averages a miserly 3.31 watts, the SM843 averages 3.65 watts, the P400M averages 5.8 watts, and the DC S3700 averages 4.28 watts.
The SM843T averages 114 MB/s per watt; the SM843 averages 136 MB/s per watt; the P400M averages 54 MB/s per watt; and the DC S3700 averages 82 MB/s per watt.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Samsung SM843T Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Database/OLTP and Web Server]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Email Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild looks GLORIOUS in 1080p 60FPS
- Xbox One X day one 'Scorpio Edition' console teased
- Galaxy Note 8 might rock next-gen Qualcomm camera tech
- ASUS STRIX Vega 64 trades blows with reference Vega 64
- AMD addresses Radeon RX Vega pricing, stock issues
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Movie Review
- Looking for Lian Li PC-C37 pdf manual as links from Lian Li website are broken
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes