Test System Setup
For all tests that we have run, we used optimized BIOS settings for max performance.
This is the CPUz screen showing the various stats of the Xeon E5-2440 v2 CPUs. As you can see, this CPU has a Max TDP of 95 watts. They use socket FCLGA1356, they are Ivy Bridge architecture, and they support Romley-EN platform.
Each CPU has eight cores, and we will be running a dual CPU system. This provides 16 cores/32 threads total. These CPUs are very much like the ones we used in our RD340 review, E5-2470 V2s (10-core), except the E5-2440 V2s are eight core versions.
For our power tests, we use a Yokogawa WT310 to measure the power use of our systems. The Yokogawa WT310 comes with a power strip that we plug the TD340 into; the power strip connects to the WT310's inputs. The Yokogawa WT310 then connects to our Lenovo ThinkPad W540 with a USB cable that allows us to run WTViewer to monitor and graph the power use. These tests allow us to measure total power use from the wall to give us an idea of the complete system power use.
Different system configurations, such as CPUs used, RAM load out, and the number of hard drives, will have an effect on these results. However, this test system gives us a basic look at the amount of power use we can expect from our systems.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Win 'Gold' in our Blu-ray giveway!
- LG V30 could have sliding dual displays
- Qualcomm and LG working on Snapdragon 845 for the LG G7
- Samsung's first dual camera phone leaks in a video
- Refurbished Samsung Galaxy Note7 pictured in the wild
- Lian Li PC-Q25B - distance between stand and edge of case
- LaCie Bolt3 2TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- HyperX expand DDR4 memory with higher density kits up to 4,000MHz
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards