Test System Setup
For all tests that we have run, we used optimized BIOS settings for max performance.
This is the CPUz screen showing the various stats of the Xeon E5-2440 v2 CPUs. As you can see, this CPU has a Max TDP of 95 watts. They use socket FCLGA1356, they are Ivy Bridge architecture, and they support Romley-EN platform.
Each CPU has eight cores, and we will be running a dual CPU system. This provides 16 cores/32 threads total. These CPUs are very much like the ones we used in our RD340 review, E5-2470 V2s (10-core), except the E5-2440 V2s are eight core versions.
For our power tests, we use a Yokogawa WT310 to measure the power use of our systems. The Yokogawa WT310 comes with a power strip that we plug the TD340 into; the power strip connects to the WT310's inputs. The Yokogawa WT310 then connects to our Lenovo ThinkPad W540 with a USB cable that allows us to run WTViewer to monitor and graph the power use. These tests allow us to measure total power use from the wall to give us an idea of the complete system power use.
Different system configurations, such as CPUs used, RAM load out, and the number of hard drives, will have an effect on these results. However, this test system gives us a basic look at the amount of power use we can expect from our systems.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- EA made more on live services than games in Q1'17
- Xiaomi Mi 6 special edition available in only 100 units
- Samsung to launch Note8 Emperor Edition with 8GB/256GB?
- GTA 6 motion capture possibly underway - UPDATE
- Musk shows The Boring Company's 1st working car elevator
- ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 Dual 3G: Mid-Range On The Cheap
- AMD Ryzen 3 1300X and Ryzen 3 1200 CPU Review
- Lian-Li PC-O5SW...Watercooling and dimensions
- Toshiba XG5 1TB OEM M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD Review
- Toshiba introduces TR200 SATA retail SSD series with 64-layer 3D flash memory
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers