Test System Setup
For all tests that we have run, we used optimized BIOS settings for max performance.
This is the CPUz screen showing the various stats of the Xeon E5-2440 v2 CPUs. As you can see, this CPU has a Max TDP of 95 watts. They use socket FCLGA1356, they are Ivy Bridge architecture, and they support Romley-EN platform.
Each CPU has eight cores, and we will be running a dual CPU system. This provides 16 cores/32 threads total. These CPUs are very much like the ones we used in our RD340 review, E5-2470 V2s (10-core), except the E5-2440 V2s are eight core versions.
For our power tests, we use a Yokogawa WT310 to measure the power use of our systems. The Yokogawa WT310 comes with a power strip that we plug the TD340 into; the power strip connects to the WT310's inputs. The Yokogawa WT310 then connects to our Lenovo ThinkPad W540 with a USB cable that allows us to run WTViewer to monitor and graph the power use. These tests allow us to measure total power use from the wall to give us an idea of the complete system power use.
Different system configurations, such as CPUs used, RAM load out, and the number of hard drives, will have an effect on these results. However, this test system gives us a basic look at the amount of power use we can expect from our systems.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The new Zelda game takes up nearly half Switch's storage
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 900p docked, 720p undocked
- Super Mario Odyseey hits 7 million views on YouTube
- Mass Effect: Andromeda will support HDR10, Dolby Vision
- GIGABYTE's Aorus brand is ready for next-gen GPUs
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99