The Lenovo ThinkServer line up provides users with a feature rich load out, and offers great performance and value.
Not only do users want great value for their purchases, but they also want a vendor that will provide support and services to go along with their purchases. Lenovo has a great line up of machines that are backed by an online suite of services to provide users with configurations designed for their needs, and provide ample software to aid users in setting up and managing servers.
If you have no need for a server rack or enterprise size setup then a tower server that can sit in the corner of your office might just be what you are looking for. The TD340 has a small footprint, and low noise and power use. The TD340 packs performance of an entry-level rack server, and uses up to two Intel Xeon E5-2400 V2 series processors. This gives the TD340 serious performance that can run strenuous workloads, such as web, database, and CRM, in addition to infrastructure and point of sales applications.
Other features include integrated full-performance RAID setups that allow storage expansion up to 32TB of hard drive or SSD space. If you choose redundant power supplies, you can be sure your system will stay up and running, even if a PSU fails. The TD340 allows the server to expand up to 192GB of RAM for demanding applications. With six PCIe expansion slots, the TD340 allows you to add many I/O options, including advanced RAID controllers, fast 10Gb Ethernet, or fiber channel host bus adapters.
Server management tools are very flexible; you can use what you are currently using, or you can use Lenovo's management tools that come with the server. With the management controller premium, you can manage your own server, or support can remotely manage your server, even in a powered down state, which reduces the need for on-site support.
Let's look at what you get in the TD340 package, and then we will see how well it performs.
When we open the shipping box, we find the contents well protected by large foam inserts. These inserts split into two halves, which permits easy separation, and gives easy access to the server inside.
The accessory box comes with simple components, such as power cords and driver disks.
The Lenovo ThinkServer TD340 comes with two disks. One disk has drivers and setup programs, which aid you in setting up this machine. The other disk has documentation for the TD340.
PRICING: You can find the Lenovo ThinkServer TD340 for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Lenovo TD340 retails for $979.88 at Amazon.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo signals 3DS retirement, ignores it in presentation
- Switch digital revenue nearly doubles, software up 86%
- Death Stranding creator meets Robert De Niro at Tribeca 2019
- Mortal Kombat 11's Director says '$6440 story' is BULLSH*T
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate overtakes Wii U console sales
- ROG Zenith Extreme Alpha.....blocked mounting hole
- OWC 10Gbe Thunderbolt 3 Review
- did the old ivy bridge overclock issue on z68 boards ever get fixed?
- LED strip always on even after PC off?
- Netgear Orbi Pro Ceiling Review
- Carpe Diem! Imperator: Rome Available Now
- Garth Brooks Makes Mobile Game Debut in Words With Friends, Announces Final Pre-Order Window for The Legacy Collection
- Nexile releases new trailer for Jump King along with release date
- World War Z - The zombie apocalypse is frantic, frightening - and fun - in the World War Z Reaction Trailer!
- Focus Home Interactive Q4 2018 - 2019 Earnings!