Test System Setup
To see our testing methodology, and to find out what goes into making our charts, please refer to our CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology article.
While we expected a couple of degrees of performance boost on the Sella with the Brocken ECO, our stock testing shows that our fifty-three degree result is right in line with the Sella. The performance gained from a second fan shocked us a fair bit. Even with this low level of power going to them, once the second fan was added we got the results down to 51.75 degrees, which is only about five degrees away from the best cooler money can buy currently.
As we applied the overclock, the gap widens from first place, but the results are still admirable for a 120mm fan based contender in this list of monsters. As shipped, with one fan, the results were 74.75 degrees. With the second fan added, we notice a slight drop in performance, with only slightly more than a degree change in overall temperatures.
Noise Level Results
With 7.5 volts going to the fans, and a reported speed of 955 RPM, we found the fan only produced 32dB of noise at close range. From any distance in a closed chassis, this fan will likely not be the loudest fan at idle.
Once we allowed the fans to spread their wings with 12 volts going to them, we found them spinning at 1470 RPM, and delivering 50dB of noise into the room. Of course, this last number is quite large when it comes to coolers these days, but the reality is that this range of noise will only be heard on the hottest nights, or in the longest of gaming sessions.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Alpenfoehn Brocken ECO CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni