Test System Setup
To see our testing methodology, and to find out what goes into making our charts, please refer to our CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology article.
While we expected a couple of degrees of performance boost on the Sella with the Brocken ECO, our stock testing shows that our fifty-three degree result is right in line with the Sella. The performance gained from a second fan shocked us a fair bit. Even with this low level of power going to them, once the second fan was added we got the results down to 51.75 degrees, which is only about five degrees away from the best cooler money can buy currently.
As we applied the overclock, the gap widens from first place, but the results are still admirable for a 120mm fan based contender in this list of monsters. As shipped, with one fan, the results were 74.75 degrees. With the second fan added, we notice a slight drop in performance, with only slightly more than a degree change in overall temperatures.
Noise Level Results
With 7.5 volts going to the fans, and a reported speed of 955 RPM, we found the fan only produced 32dB of noise at close range. From any distance in a closed chassis, this fan will likely not be the loudest fan at idle.
Once we allowed the fans to spread their wings with 12 volts going to them, we found them spinning at 1470 RPM, and delivering 50dB of noise into the room. Of course, this last number is quite large when it comes to coolers these days, but the reality is that this range of noise will only be heard on the hottest nights, or in the longest of gaming sessions.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Alpenfoehn Brocken ECO CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft drop Shocktober sale a week before Halloween
- Nintendo Switch to have wide array of hardware add-ons
- Heavy Rain and Detroit developer experimenting with VR
- LG's new 5K display designed for latest MacBook Pro
- 3DS won't be cannibalized by Switch, says Nintendo
- ASRock C2550D4I Won't boot... again
- Getting a DK-04 3D Model
- Lenovo Ideapad Y900-17ISK Gaming Notebook Review
- How to upgrade front I/O Panel for V2100 to USB 3.0 or even 3.1
- AMD announces Radeon Pro 400 Series graphics processors
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications