Version and / or Patch Used: 1.0
Version and / or Patch Used: Latest Steam Update
When it came to gaming performance, I really thought that our high-end CPUs would all pretty much be even. Looking above, though, you can see that the new high-end i7 5960X EE manages to pull slightly ahead in all tests, except the high resolution 3DMark 8 test, where we see no real change.
Under 3DMark you can see overclocking adds a little bit of positive movement, but overall not too much. Sleeping Dogs on the other hands sees some great gains at the lower resolution, where less focus is put on the GPU, and more on the CPU itself.
Power Consumption Tests
Power draw on the system is strong, and slightly better than we thought it would be at first. At both idle and load, the new Intel CPU sits towards the middle of the pack, when it comes to testing the default clock speed.
With overclocking, the idle doesn't change much, but the load jumps up, as you'd expect. At 433 watts, though, the number is quite impressive, considering the amount of power on offer from this awesome setup.
Taking a look at the temperature out of the box, the new i7 5960X EE pretty much lines up with the previous generation EE CPU in both the idle and load departments. While the i7 4790K also sits in line with these two processors, when it comes to idle temperature, you can see the load number sits much higher. Temperature numbers from the setup are really quite amazing.
Overclocked, you can see above, we're only seeing a load temp of 59c, which is lower than the i7 4790K when it's at stock. We also know when overclocking, hitting 90c isn't rare on that processor.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Haswell-E - The New Processors]
- Page 3 [Wellsburg (X99) - The New Chipset]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8, HyperPi and AIDA64]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PassMark PerformanceTest, CINEBENCH and Adobe Lightroom]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - MediaEspresso and Handbrake]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Gaming & Power and Temperature Tests]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- BioShock devs might be making new Twilight Zone 'game'
- A closer look at Mass Effect: Andromeda's power combos
- Digital Nintendo Switch games locked to one console
- All new Halo games will have split-screen, 343i confirms
- Dead Rising 4 shambles to Steam in March
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- توكيل صيانة ثلاجة كريازى 01093055835 رقم مبيعات كري&
- صور صيانة غسالات وستنجهاوس 01060037840 % رقم مبيعات و
- اخبار صيانة غسالة فريجيدير 01095999314 اتصل الان مب&
- هنا صيانة كلفينيتور العجمى 01010916814 هوت لاين الم&
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications