So, it's the end of this review, and I'll bet you want to hear my final thoughts. I can sum up the next several paragraphs in one sentence: This monitor kicks ass, takes no prisoners, and is one hell of a gaming monitor and would be great for an Eyefinity or Surround setup thanks to its slim bezels.
But continuing on, I was surprised that I didn't see much effect from G-Sync. As previously discussed, it was mostly notable at low frame rates and exceedingly high frame rates. The middle zone - 60-120 - didn't really see an improvement, at least not to my eye and personal play style.
I think the best thing I can say as a testament to the monitor is that I want to buy three. I want to build an Eyefinity or Surround setup based on these monitors due to their great gaming performance and slim bezels.
But if that's not enough, I'll go on. The monitor is stunning; beautiful; elegant; and sharp. Graphics on screen are crystal clear, and WQHD (2560x1440) is the perfect resolution for a 27-inch panel without adjusting scaling settings in Windows.
The screen is bright, and I find myself using it towards the lower-end of its brightness to save my eyes, but in a bright room, it's nice to be able to crank up the brightness and see everything on the display. If you buy this monitor, you won't be disappointed. It's hands-down the best display I've ever used, and I've moved through quite a few different monitors. The only downside is the price.
The display will be available online starting at 12:01am on August 26 for an MSRP of $799. Ouch. But, if you want the very best, then this is it. It'll cost you, but you can rest easy knowing that you have a top-of-the-line gaming monitor with all of the latest goodies included with it.
It's not a value option, but it's the monitor that I want sitting on my desk. For this reason, it gets the Editor's Choice award, as this monitor is now my go-to display for gaming.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Features & Pricing]
- Page 2 [Unboxing, Dead Pixels, Assembly, Port Layout & Styling]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup, OSD & Test Results]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Star Citizen alpha is free until October 30
- Nintendo 'hasn't shown everything' on Switch just yet
- Watch Dogs 2 trailer welcomes you to San Francisco
- Rule the streets on this official 'Mario Kart' bike
- NASA solved the secret of ESA's missing Mars lander
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now