So, it's the end of this review, and I'll bet you want to hear my final thoughts. I can sum up the next several paragraphs in one sentence: This monitor kicks ass, takes no prisoners, and is one hell of a gaming monitor and would be great for an Eyefinity or Surround setup thanks to its slim bezels.
But continuing on, I was surprised that I didn't see much effect from G-Sync. As previously discussed, it was mostly notable at low frame rates and exceedingly high frame rates. The middle zone - 60-120 - didn't really see an improvement, at least not to my eye and personal play style.
I think the best thing I can say as a testament to the monitor is that I want to buy three. I want to build an Eyefinity or Surround setup based on these monitors due to their great gaming performance and slim bezels.
But if that's not enough, I'll go on. The monitor is stunning; beautiful; elegant; and sharp. Graphics on screen are crystal clear, and WQHD (2560x1440) is the perfect resolution for a 27-inch panel without adjusting scaling settings in Windows.
The screen is bright, and I find myself using it towards the lower-end of its brightness to save my eyes, but in a bright room, it's nice to be able to crank up the brightness and see everything on the display. If you buy this monitor, you won't be disappointed. It's hands-down the best display I've ever used, and I've moved through quite a few different monitors. The only downside is the price.
The display will be available online starting at 12:01am on August 26 for an MSRP of $799. Ouch. But, if you want the very best, then this is it. It'll cost you, but you can rest easy knowing that you have a top-of-the-line gaming monitor with all of the latest goodies included with it.
It's not a value option, but it's the monitor that I want sitting on my desk. For this reason, it gets the Editor's Choice award, as this monitor is now my go-to display for gaming.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Features & Pricing]
- Page 2 [Unboxing, Dead Pixels, Assembly, Port Layout & Styling]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup, OSD & Test Results]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft earned $90 billion last fiscal year
- Xiaomi's upcoming phone to rock dual camera and MIUI 9
- Enter our 'Ghost in the Shell' Blu-ray giveaway
- Snap's Spectacles are now available on Amazon
- Xbox worth $9 billion, 53 million Xbox LIVE users
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4