Samsung 845DC EVO Internals
The Samsung 845DC EVO comes in a 2.5-inch form factor with a 7mm z-height in the typical Samsung motif.
The case is bereft of thermal pads, indicating that the 3bit NAND may run cooler than typical 2bit. Twenty-one tantalum capacitors are dispersed on the PCB, with several pads open for more capacitors in the high-capacity model.
Four 128GB packages of Samsung 19nm Toggle 3bit MLC NAND populate the rear of the PCB. Each package features eight dies with 16GB per die. The top of the PCB, which houses the controller and DRAM, also has extra pads for the four additional packages required for the 960GB model.
The Samsung S4LN045X01-8030 controller, more commonly known as the MEX, is a 400MHz eight-channel Cortex R4-based ARM controller. This is a tri-core controller designed and manufactured by Samsung. Pairing this with 1GB of LPDDR2 DRAM completes the Samsung-only build.
Samsung 845DC EVO Specifications
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Samsung 845DC EVO Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Database/OLTP and Web Server]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Email Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ARMS sells over 100,000 copies in Japan in first week
- Titanfall 2 may hit 6K on Xbox One X with 100% GPU usage
- Take-Two relents on singleplayer GTA mods
- 47% of gamers spend money while playing games
- MSI Afterburner now has hardware plot graphics
- Computer freeze and audio buzz issue
- AZZA Photios 250 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Team T-Force Dark ROG DDR4-3000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- GA-X58A-UD3R wake on lan problem
- In Win 301 Mini-Tower Chassis Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller