Samsung 845DC EVO Internals
The Samsung 845DC EVO comes in a 2.5-inch form factor with a 7mm z-height in the typical Samsung motif.
The case is bereft of thermal pads, indicating that the 3bit NAND may run cooler than typical 2bit. Twenty-one tantalum capacitors are dispersed on the PCB, with several pads open for more capacitors in the high-capacity model.
Four 128GB packages of Samsung 19nm Toggle 3bit MLC NAND populate the rear of the PCB. Each package features eight dies with 16GB per die. The top of the PCB, which houses the controller and DRAM, also has extra pads for the four additional packages required for the 960GB model.
The Samsung S4LN045X01-8030 controller, more commonly known as the MEX, is a 400MHz eight-channel Cortex R4-based ARM controller. This is a tri-core controller designed and manufactured by Samsung. Pairing this with 1GB of LPDDR2 DRAM completes the Samsung-only build.
Samsung 845DC EVO Specifications
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Samsung 845DC EVO Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Database/OLTP and Web Server]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Email Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard makes changes to Overwatch S6 competitive mode
- KFC's own VR training game teaches you to cook chicken
- Need for Speed: Payback showed off at 4K 60FPS on the PC
- Quake Champions enters Steam Early Access on the PC
- Destiny 2 rocks on the PC with its new 4K 60FPS trailer
- Lenovo Legion Y720 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Killer Networking - Killer control center new version (Z97X Gaming 5)
- GIGABYTE X399 AORUS Gaming 7 TR4 Motherboard Review
- Linksys WRT32x AC3200 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Massive drop in temps by lowering "VCCPLL OC" in BIOS: Is the reported temperature correct?
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience