Introduction of the ASUS GTX 780 6GB STRIX OC
During Computex 2014, we got a chance to take a look at the new STRIX GTX 780 from ASUS. On display, the company had the GTX 780 6GB card running StarCraft 2 with the fan not spinning, making the card completely silent.
Silent cooling solutions aren't something new to us, but we must admit this approach is different to what we've seen before. In the past, we've seen some companies offer an option where the fans don't spin at idle but start to turn as soon as any load is placed on the video card. The approach that ASUS takes is similar but taken up another notch.
We won't go into any more detail here, and we will instead talk about it a little further when we look at the card itself on the next page. For now, let's leave it at that and see what's going on with the package of the ASUS GTX 780 STRIX OC before taking a closer look at the card itself and the technology behind the STRIX name.
Package - What comes inside the box
Taking a look at the overall box design, you can see it's nothing too out of the ordinary. We've got the ASUS logo along with the new STRIX one across the top, while the model is clearly shown along with some of the main features across the bottom, including 6GB of GDDR5 memory and a 0dB fan. Turning the box over, you can see ASUS goes into a bit more detail on the DirectCU II cooler along with mention about the DIGI+ VRM+ technology and GPU Tweak software. Finally, you can see on the left side a picture of the card and the outputs that are offered.
Moving to the bundle, you can see not too much is going on with the standard inclusions offered. We've got a Speed Setup manual along with a driver CD. You can see in the cable department that we've got an SLI bridge and a dual 6-Pin PCIe to 8-Pin PCIe power connector. Not pictured, but also included, is a DVI to VGA connector to round things out.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Video Card Details and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup & FPS Numbers Explained]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven & Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks – Lost Planet 2 & Just Cause 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks – F1 2012 & Metro Last Light]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks – Dirt Showdown & Nexuiz]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks – Sniper Elite V2 & Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks – Hitman Absolution & Tomb Raider]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks – BioShock Infinite & Battlefield 4]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks – 4K – 3840 x 2160 Testing]
- Page 14 [Temperature & Sound Testing]
- Page 15 [Power Consumption Testing]
- Page 16 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Elon Musk teases Tesla's electric semi truck
- Radeon RX Vega barely beats GTX 1070 in leaked results
- Blompkamp's 'Alien' sequel won't 'see the light of day'
- First look at how Musk's underground tunnels might work
- Overwatch is now home to over 30 million gamers
- G1 Sniper 2 rev 1.0 wont boot with GtX 1070
- H97M Pro4 - Machine comes out of sleep mode when deactivated but monitor does not
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives