Introduction of the ASUS GTX 780 6GB STRIX OC
During Computex 2014, we got a chance to take a look at the new STRIX GTX 780 from ASUS. On display, the company had the GTX 780 6GB card running StarCraft 2 with the fan not spinning, making the card completely silent.
Silent cooling solutions aren't something new to us, but we must admit this approach is different to what we've seen before. In the past, we've seen some companies offer an option where the fans don't spin at idle but start to turn as soon as any load is placed on the video card. The approach that ASUS takes is similar but taken up another notch.
We won't go into any more detail here, and we will instead talk about it a little further when we look at the card itself on the next page. For now, let's leave it at that and see what's going on with the package of the ASUS GTX 780 STRIX OC before taking a closer look at the card itself and the technology behind the STRIX name.
Package - What comes inside the box
Taking a look at the overall box design, you can see it's nothing too out of the ordinary. We've got the ASUS logo along with the new STRIX one across the top, while the model is clearly shown along with some of the main features across the bottom, including 6GB of GDDR5 memory and a 0dB fan. Turning the box over, you can see ASUS goes into a bit more detail on the DirectCU II cooler along with mention about the DIGI+ VRM+ technology and GPU Tweak software. Finally, you can see on the left side a picture of the card and the outputs that are offered.
Moving to the bundle, you can see not too much is going on with the standard inclusions offered. We've got a Speed Setup manual along with a driver CD. You can see in the cable department that we've got an SLI bridge and a dual 6-Pin PCIe to 8-Pin PCIe power connector. Not pictured, but also included, is a DVI to VGA connector to round things out.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Video Card Details and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup & FPS Numbers Explained]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven & Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks – Lost Planet 2 & Just Cause 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks – F1 2012 & Metro Last Light]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks – Dirt Showdown & Nexuiz]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks – Sniper Elite V2 & Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks – Hitman Absolution & Tomb Raider]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks – BioShock Infinite & Battlefield 4]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks – 4K – 3840 x 2160 Testing]
- Page 14 [Temperature & Sound Testing]
- Page 15 [Power Consumption Testing]
- Page 16 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Titanfall 2 post-launch DLC will be 100% free
- Apple's new MacBook Pro powered by AMD Polaris GPU
- NASA publishes a stunning 4K video of the Space Station
- Google's total cost to manufacture the Pixel XL is $285
- Tesla reports a profit for the first time in three years
- ASRock C2550D4I Won't boot... again
- Getting a DK-04 3D Model
- Lenovo Ideapad Y900-17ISK Gaming Notebook Review
- How to upgrade front I/O Panel for V2100 to USB 3.0 or even 3.1
- Not able to adjust timings!
- AMD announces Radeon Pro 400 Series graphics processors
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications