Power consumption is measured at the wall with a blank Word document open and the monitor on as bright as it can go.
The G2460PQU used 30 watts while on full brightness with a Word document open. Compared to the Acer monitor in the charts, that is getting pretty close to double the consumption. But will it result in a brighter screen?
We use a LX1010B light meter to measure brightness in Lux. The monitor is placed in the center of the screen on a blank Word document with the monitor at full brightness.
Simply put, yes, the higher power consumption results in a much brighter screen. The G2460 is absolutely blinding at full brightness, but the brightness would be appreciated if I were working in a brighter room. At full brightness, you can see we measured 541 Lux coming from the screen.
We use this as a way to measure a monitor's efficiency. It is simply the monitor's brightness divided by its power draw.
As you can see above, the G2460 produces just 18 Lux-per-Watt, showing that the additional brightness comes at the cost of efficiency.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GTX 1080 Ti hits 3GHz on LN2, all on reference PCB
- Mass Effect: Andromeda has a $100 microtransaction
- Sony still planning more 'Ghostbusters' films
- Fallout 4 might be the killer game VR desparately needs
- Nintendo Switch affected by Middle East flight ban
- H170-PLUS D3 and i7 7700K, both new computer says nothing.
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Can't find thumbscrews in PC-O9
- Lost Audio on Asus GL753 VE-DS74 Laptop
- BIOSTAR GK3 good mech kb for starters?
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse
- ASUS announces USB-AC53 Nano Wi-Fi adapter