Utilizing the PCI Express bus, we have the capability to add technology to our PCs as needed. Whether it be USB 3.0, Firewire, Thunderbolt, or eSATA, the PCI Express bus allows us to achieve the full bandwidth from our devices.
Today, we will be looking at one of the latest add-on solutions to come from Addonics. The ADSA6GPX1-2E utilizes a PCI Express 2.0 x1 interface with dual eSATA ports available externally. What sets this cards apart from other on the market is its compatibility as a port multiplier. Port multipliers allow a single SATA connection to initialize up to fifteen drives at once.
Compatibility of the ADSA6GPX1-2E extends to Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, and 8. MSRP of the Addonics eSATA ADSA6GPX1-2E is set at $39.99 with a one-year warranty.
Scope of delivery for the PX1-2E includes a quick start guide along with a driver disk and low profile adapter.
The back of the card houses dual eSATA ports, both with port multiplier capabilities.
The PCB for the card center's on the Marvell 88SE9128 controller. Up top, we have the PCIe 2.0 x1 interface.
Above, we have our initial testing of the Addonics PX1-2E. For these tests, we are using a Seagate 600 Pro SSD. The card ended up peaking at 324 MB/s read and 233 MB/s write.
Here we move on to ATTO disk benchmark, where we are using the same Seagate 600 Pro SSD. Performance varied here, where we found the peak read result to come in at 357 MB/s, followed by 245 MB/s write.
The Addonics ADSA6GPX1-2E is a great solution to those wanting an external eSATA connection with port multiplier capabilities. The build quality seems quite good, and I found no issues when installing the card or the drivers via the included disk.
Performance of the card was decent, and while it could be better, I do believe Addonics went with a command based switching port multiplier, which are typically geared towards capacity and not blazing performance. In our testing, we were able to achieve 357 MB/s read and 245 MB/s write, which isn't too bad and certainly plenty for those wanting capacity via eSATA.
MSRP of the Addonics 6GPX1-2E is set at $39.99 with a one-year warranty. Current market pricing can be found below.
PRICING: You can find the Addonics 6GPX1-2E for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Addonics 6GPX1-2E retails for $38.80 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The Last Guardian pre-order numbers have surprised Sony
- ESA gets $425 million extra to complete ExoMars mission
- Pokémon GO launches surprise Xmas updates this month
- Interview with Dov Moran, inventor of the USB stick
- Xbox One defeats PS4 in online Black Friday sales
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand