Over the last few months, I have been running both of my NAS appliances with purpose-built drives. One NAS has a set of WD Reds and the other has the Seagate NAS solution. While each of these drives are great in terms of reliability, they do lack in one area: performance.
Now, I am not saying the performance of the above solutions is terrible by any means, but what if you could increase the performance of your NAS at the offset of a bit more power consumption? If you are one that is willing to sacrifice a bit in terms of power savings, HGST may have a solution for you in the Deskstar NAS.
Specifications, Pricing and Availability
The Deskstar NAS, available in both 3TB and 4TB capacities, carries a 7200RPM spindle speed with 64MB of cache. Areal density is listed at 446 Gbits for the 4TB model and 425 Gbits for the 3TB model with load/unload cycles set at 600,000. In addition, we have a 10^14 BER with a MTBF of 1 million hours.
Idle power consumption of the drive is listed at 6.9 watts with a peak startup current of 1A for 5V and 2A for 12V. The HGST Deskstar NAS carries an MSRP of $229.99 for the 4TB capacity and $169.99 for the 3TB capacity.
PRICING: You can find the HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB HDD for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB HDD retails for $233.99 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Overwatch is now home to over 30 million gamers
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- H97M Pro4 - Machine comes out of sleep mode when deactivated but monitor does not
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives