Welcome to TweakTown's return to regular display reviews. I will be your guide and host on this wonderful trip through display heaven. To start our return back to display reviews, I have in the lab a general purpose monitor from Acer.
We will be looking at the 24-inch S241HL bmid monitor from Acer. As part of this review, we will be introducing our testing regimen that will be used to test and rank monitors. As we are just starting back at this, the regimen is subject to change.
Specifications and Pricing
The S241HL bmid is a 24-inch LCD widescreen display. The panel features the standard 1920 x 1080 resolution that most have come to expect from a monitor of this size. The panel itself is of the Twisted Nematic Film (TN Film) variety, which means that color reproduction will not be as strong as an IPS monitor, but the cost of the monitor will be quite a bit less than an IPS display.
Being of the TN variety, viewing angles are not as good as other monitors on the market, specifically IPS-type monitors. The more off-center you view the monitor, the darker and more off the colors will become. Acer says that this panel has a horizontal viewing angle of 170 degrees and a vertical viewing angle of 160 degrees.
The stand for the monitor is capable of articulating the viewing angle, but it does not feature the ability to pivot or change height. The monitor is backlit with white LED light, which makes this monitor fairly efficient and bright.
Regarding the technical specs, the S241HL bmid features a maximum refresh rate of 60Hz, a response time of 5ms, a contrast ratio of 100,000,000:1, a rated brightness of 250 Nits, and support of 16.7 million colors. On the connector front, it features VGA, DVI, and HDMI inputs. The monitor also has built-in speakers.
Acer lists the monitor at $179.99, but you can find current market pricing below.
PRICING: You can find the Acer S241HL bmid monitor for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Acer S241HL bmid monitor retails for $158.50 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy 15 PC port won't come any time soon
- Nintendo Switch to launch only as complete bundle
- The world's tiniest smartphone has 1.54-inch display
- Is Surface Studio Microsoft's new all-in-one desktop?
- Samsung offers upgrade program for Note7 owners
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now