Programming the ATmega32A Development Board is quite easy if you know a few things about AVR programming. As I mentioned earlier, the board can be programmed via the included 10-pin ISP connector and an USBASP AVR Programmer, or you could use something like an Arduino to program the board via the unpopulated six-pin ISP port located directly behind the 10-pin port. I like both methods, and prefer using the 10-pin port as it helps reduce clutter on the board.
I won't go very deep into how to program the board as that could represent an entire article on its own. Instead, I will cover the basics and lightly detail what I consider to be the easiest way. While it is completely possible to install the Arduino boot loader onto the ATmega32 U, sticking with IDEs like AVR Studio or Eclipse and using AVRDude to upload the code to the microcontroller is the easiest.
Once you have code written, the USBASP drivers and AVRDude installed, you must connect the board to the USBASP Programmer. This is accomplished by connecting the 10-position ribbon cable to the board's ISP port and to the programmer's ISP Port. Then all you need to do is plug the programmer into a free USB port on your PC. Actually uploading the code to the device takes a little command prompt magic and is done by following these directions:
To download the firmware to your microcontroller, enter the following command:
avrdude -p -P usb -c usbasp -U flash:w:
- is the filename of the precompiled binary file , and
- is the micro controller type you are programming (eg ATmega32U2).
The full list of device codes is listed here.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Digital Nintendo Switch games locked to one console
- All new Halo games will have split-screen, 343i confirms
- Dead Rising 4 shambles to Steam in March
- New Call of Duty returns to 'boots on the ground' roots
- Nintendo Switch requires day one update to access eShop
- توكيل صيانة ثلاجة كريازى 01093055835 رقم مبيعات كري&
- صور صيانة غسالات وستنجهاوس 01060037840 % رقم مبيعات و
- اخبار صيانة غسالة فريجيدير 01095999314 اتصل الان مب&
- هنا صيانة كلفينيتور العجمى 01010916814 هوت لاين الم&
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game