Installation and Finished Product
After sliding the nuts through the LGA1150/1155/1156 holes in the back plate, and then securing them with the black clips, you then just need to align the nuts to the motherboard and set the back plate into place.
We also had to apply the top mounting bracket to the head unit of this cooler. Both the AMD and this Intel plate will use all eight screws to provide even pressure with the use of the four legs coming from these rings.
With the back plate in place, you need to take the appropriate set of mounting screws for your specific application to mount the head unit to the motherboard. There are obviously no clearance issues, and when done correctly, there is still quite a bit of room to get the radiator mounted. One thing I don't like, and I also saw with the Tundra series of coolers, is that for some reason AIO makers are now twisting the tubing, and I have no explanation for this, and in my opinion it looks tacky.
Once the system is powered on, both the head unit and the fan does take on the glow of blue LEDs. One thing you will find is that the LEDs on the head unit are much brighter than those built into the fan, but both will leave a fairly decent glow of blue inside of a chassis.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Quentin Tarantino explains his love for 70mm, says it trumps digital
- Man gets shot, instead of calling the cops, he grabs an Uber home
- New Fallout 4 mod dramatically overhauls in-game landscapes
- Apple rumored to remove the 3.5mm headphone jack from the next iPhone
- Just Cause 3's map is huge, covering 400 square miles
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- Newly built PC won't boot
- Spectre (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis