iStarUSA's new BPN-DE product line consists of four different volume sizes ranging from single drive to a large five drive model. The BPN-DE Series has several model numbers because each volume capacity comes in four colors - blue, black, red and silver.
Today we're looking at the BPN-DE230SS, a three bay trayless model with a black finish and machined accents.
Specification, Availability and Pricing
The BPN-DE230SS occupies two 5.25" drive bays, what you might normally associate with optical drives. The system is trayless and holds three SATA or SAS 3.5" HDDs. The specifications state the cooling fan is optional, but our sample from iStarUSA shipped with the fan attached to the system.
The BPN-DE products go beyond most of the trayless system's we're tested. The drive cage has locks on each door and is all aluminum.
After looking around online, we found the model we're looking at today for as low as $62.99.
iStarUSA put together a nice retail package for the BPN-DE Series products. The front of the box covers all of the major details and shows an accurate image of the product inside.
The side of the package states which color is inside the package.
On the back we found more details about the product.
Inside we found a well-packaged unit with dense foam surrounding the drive cage.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specification, Availability and Pricing & Packaging]
- Page 2 [iStarUSA BPN-DE230SS]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Square Enix to embrace games as a service business model
- Red Dead 2 delay won't interrupt future Rockstar games
- Far Cry 5 co-op supports full campaign
- Far Cry 5: Everything you need to know
- EVGA teases its GTX 1080 Ti Kingpin, unveil at Computex
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017