It has been some time that has passed since we were last in touch with BeQuiet. In fact, it has been since I sat down with them at CES, but at that point, there was only talk of something new around the corner. Well here we are some nine months later and their new cooler has finally made it to the market, and we were given one to test. The odd thing about this design, is that while in most instances of a new cooler releasing with a name that everyone knows, in this instance it is Shadow Rock, where there isn't an obvious resemblance to its predecessor's design. Today we are dealing with a scenario where the latest addition looks nothing like the original.
The original Shadow Rock cooler had for heat pipes, offered some saw tooth designed fins, but was just a slightly thicker regular tower cooler. After that, the Shadow Rock name was applied to a C-Style cooler called the Top Flow. The one thing that does hold all three designs together is that they all came from BeQuiet, and that means from my experience, that while they may not look the same, they were barely audible under any condition inside of their customer's machines.
The latest cooler to hit our labs also carries the Shadow Rock moniker, but this time is called the Shadow Rock 2. While you might expect a revisit to the original design, what we are no getting is a much, much larger cooler first of all. Now the fin body is square, you can cool it from all sides, it has a fancy aluminum top plate, and again, this cooler is designed to be silent first, with everything else falling into place behind it to deliver a CPU cooler that by the looks of it, should easily be able to handle what we are about to throw at it.
Stick around for the results, as where this cooler finishes may just be a bit of a shock.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [BeQuiet Shadow Rock 2 CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm unveils Snapdragon 450
- Xiaomi Redmi Pro 2 specs leak: Dual camera, 3GB of RAM
- New leak confirms Samsung's Galaxy Note 8 design
- SAPPHIRE announces 'Mining Edition' Radeon RX cards
- Huawei Honor 9 is now available in Europe
- BIOSTAR X370GTN Gaming Motherboard Review
- Intel Optane in RAID 0 - World's Fastest System Disk
- GIGABYTE Z270X-Designare Motherboard Review
- Intel SSD 5 545s 512GB SATA III SSD Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller