When we tested the 256GB model, the X210 had just hit CDW and a few other channel e-tails. Our review sample arrived before channel distribution, so we went live with the review as soon as the X210 made a debut. The price on release day was quite a bit higher than it is now. The initial price was within reason, but the new, lower price is much better. Since X210 is a product that gets deployed in a group of notebooks for companies, every dollar is multiplied by the number of deployments.
Looking at the performance, we can see where the X210 is based on the same hardware as the consumer specific Extreme II. The X210 was tuned in firmware for an even higher degree of reliability. In doing so some of the processing power was used for data checks, so a small portion of performance was lost. The X210 is still a very high performing drive. In out testing, we saw the X210 outperform the Samsung 840 Pro in a number of tests.
The testing we used today compare the X210 against consumer SSDs in typical notebook and desktop tests. Paul just finished wrapping up his testing with the X210 drives for server environments. His testing goes a step further and explores the different over provisioning levels for increased performance consistency.
We'll have more X210 coverage soon, so stay tuned to TweakTown.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [SanDisk X210 512GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Power Testing]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Philadelphia 76ers acquire eSports teams Dignitas, Apex
- Horizon: Zero Dawn's story will be 'hugely enjoyable'
- Microsoft axes original Forza Horizon from store
- Batman VR is finalised but Rocksteady wants to move on
- Pasadena, California to tax streaming services
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now