When we tested the 256GB model, the X210 had just hit CDW and a few other channel e-tails. Our review sample arrived before channel distribution, so we went live with the review as soon as the X210 made a debut. The price on release day was quite a bit higher than it is now. The initial price was within reason, but the new, lower price is much better. Since X210 is a product that gets deployed in a group of notebooks for companies, every dollar is multiplied by the number of deployments.
Looking at the performance, we can see where the X210 is based on the same hardware as the consumer specific Extreme II. The X210 was tuned in firmware for an even higher degree of reliability. In doing so some of the processing power was used for data checks, so a small portion of performance was lost. The X210 is still a very high performing drive. In out testing, we saw the X210 outperform the Samsung 840 Pro in a number of tests.
The testing we used today compare the X210 against consumer SSDs in typical notebook and desktop tests. Paul just finished wrapping up his testing with the X210 drives for server environments. His testing goes a step further and explores the different over provisioning levels for increased performance consistency.
We'll have more X210 coverage soon, so stay tuned to TweakTown.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [SanDisk X210 512GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Power Testing]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Oculus walks back restrictive DRM, pledges to not use hardware checks
- No Man's Sky is 'even bigger than you can imagine,' says dev
- Mulching is every time a good idea of tomato patio water storage ; bu
- as typically
- Bray assumed the lyrics we've been looking to check on ever since Jul
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- Mazda have eschewed amalgam but also cigarette lighter in powertrains
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines