Back in June, we had the chance to review the Seagate NAS 4TB HDD, and at that time I said to expect WD to respond and release their very own 4TB NAS drive in the coming months. Now three months later, that has come to fruition with WD rounding out their portfolio of purpose-built NAS solutions with the WD Red in the 4TB capacity.
The WD Red line-up has been the defacto drive for one to five bay NAS appliances since its release in July of 2012. Building on the reliability and market success of the 1 - 3TB capacities, WD chose to increase and offer 33% more capacity in the 4TB model.
The WD Red ships with many features to enhance the reliability, one of which is 3D Active Balance Plus, a dual plane balancing technology pioneered by WD.
Specifications, Pricing and Availability
The WD Red in the 4TB capacity comes in the standard 3.5" form factor using Advanced Format technology. Utilizing the SATA III or 6 Gb/s specification, the drive is capable of 150 MB/s sustained read/write. The spindle speed of the WD Red is listed as "IntelliPower" and is widely assumed to spin between 5400 and 5900 RPM.
All capacities of the Red feature a generous 64MB cache, along with a class leading 600,000 Load/Unload cycles. Non-Recoverable read errors per bits read is listed at
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [WD Red 4TB HDD]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8 Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - BootRacer and Resume from S4 Hibernation]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- BioShock devs might be making new Twilight Zone 'game'
- A closer look at Mass Effect: Andromeda's power combos
- Digital Nintendo Switch games locked to one console
- All new Halo games will have split-screen, 343i confirms
- Dead Rising 4 shambles to Steam in March
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- توكيل صيانة ثلاجة كريازى 01093055835 رقم مبيعات كري&
- صور صيانة غسالات وستنجهاوس 01060037840 % رقم مبيعات و
- اخبار صيانة غسالة فريجيدير 01095999314 اتصل الان مب&
- هنا صيانة كلفينيتور العجمى 01010916814 هوت لاين الم&
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications