This test emulates Database and On-Line Transaction Processing (OLTP) workloads. OLTP is in essence the processing of transactions such as credit cards and high frequency trading in the financial sector. Enterprise HDDs are uniquely well suited for the financial sector with their low latency and high random workload performance. Databases are the bread and butter of many enterprise deployments. These are demanding 8K random workloads with a 66% read and 33% write distribution that can bring even the highest performing solutions down to earth.
The WD Re averages 191 IOPS at QD256, beating the Toshiba, but lagging behind the rest of the field.
The WD Re offers up a wide range of access time, much like the other HDDs, but the latency distribution falls into the higher ranges.
The WD Re averages 11.23 Watts during the test period.
The WD Re averages 16.11 IOPS per Watt in our Database/OLTP testing.
The Webserver profile is a read-only test with a wide range of file sizes. Web servers are responsible for generating content for users to view over the internet, much like the very page you are reading. The speed of the underlying storage system has a massive impact on the speed and responsiveness of the server that is hosting the website, and thus the end-user experience.
The WD Re averages 175 IOPS at QD256.
The WD Re has a slightly higher latency range it this pure read test. The Re definitely favors write heavy or mixed workloads.
The WD Re averages 11.65 Watts during the test.
The WD Re averages 14.48 IOPS per Watt during the measurement window, falling well behind the 7K4000, which dominates this test.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung 'Bedtime VR Stories' is a truly new way of telling stories
- First Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare trailer now live
- Without the reconstruction tech, Quantum Break looks incredible at 4K
- Forza Motorsport 6: Apex requires 16GB RAM for gaming at 4K 60FPS
- Quantum Break's new PC patch fixes lots, weighs a huge 27GB
- Sabertooth Z170 S - Accessory fan
- C2750D4I BMC Self Test Status Failure
- WD 1TB Black drive memory dump while Win 7 installed.
- Corsair K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched