The N600 comes with a lot of things I like. The front of the chassis has a unique look that is well ventilated and allows for air to come through almost anywhere. The top of the chassis is ventilated with room for a pair of fans, and even comes with a dust filter over all of the fan openings, everywhere in the case. Overall the chassis is very solid and strong, even without the panels or front bezel attached to it. On the inside there are things like the removable and adjustable upper storage bays section, and even offering a 2.5" drive spot behind the motherboard, this chassis tends to all of your storage needs.
I also liked the amount of holes, accessibility, and tie points offered on the motherboard tray. Even though we have seen it before, I still like the +1 expansion slot to add in things like case lighting switches or anything short that you need easy access to. The last thing that really set this chassis off for me was that CM added a very large window, which while tinted, does offer a look at only the hardware and not the structural components of the chassis.
With only two fans in the chassis as it is shipped from Cooler Master, the air flow is sufficient, but ends up with slightly below average results thermally. In defense of this design, you can easily add five more 120mm fans and drastically improve on this slight issue with the N600. Where I had a major issue is in the fact that they claim this chassis can house water cooling in various locations. While the top can hold a slim radiator and fans, the motherboard cooling, even the memory will cause issues for you there. Then they offer a location next to the hard drive bays. I found two issues here. One, why isn't the bottom section of the hard drive rack removable? This would allow both the front and the side to hold a radiator. The second issue is that as it stands, the side fan bracket will hold either a radiator or a fan on the one side. This means if you wanted to use a dual radiator, you can only have a fan at the top of it.
Just to check my measurements and what I was seeing first hand, I went over to CM's website and looked at their images. Even there they show the slots holding the radiator only, or if it does have a fan, it is set obviously with the lower fan missing. On the flip side, as I said, these all will work beautifully with fans, just billing it as radiator ready is sort of a farce, in my opinion.
With all of that in mind, I am sort of at a loss of where to go from here. While the chassis can hold its own in the mid-tower market as far as the basic feature set and styling are concerned, I really don't care for the way Cooler Master promoted this design. If they had not billed this chassis as water cooling ready, I would say it is a better than average solution for the $79.99 base price. Where I am stuck is with all the potential buyers who see this on a shelf and get hoes of grandeur and water cooling madness, just to get kicked in the grapes when they open it up and realize that it is near impossible to do what Cooler Master says this chassis is capable of.
To me, CM either need to promote this chassis for what it is, a good air cooling mid-tower chassis, or just consider this a lame duck. As it sits, I am hard pressed to even think of an award that fits when things are as grossly overstated as they are with the N600 from Cooler Master.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- Help with N56VB notebook screen
- Intel MOBO with Fast POST boot time
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform