The fab companies and SSD manufacturers with NAND flash manufacturing capabilities are proactively reaching for market share. With arms extended out like a poker player sliding a pile of chips back to the stack, flash business is the ultimate game of Texas Hold'em.
By offering a large portfolio, once a company invests in one product, it's easier for the company to use other products from the same manufacturer. This reduces the cost of working with several manufacturers for support, logistics and custom firmware needs. SanDisk offers a large portfolio of products, a reach that goes far beyond just solid state drives. Flash-based storage has made inroads in markets we don't cover, like casino gaming machines and point of sale devices to name a couple.
The SanDisk X210 is a dual purpose SSD that fills two roles for businesses. The first is for notebook use where low power consumption, reliability and high performance are important. The second is for servers in a high read environment where read I/O takes priority, like server boot drives.
Today we're looking at the notebook side of the story and in a few days Paul Alcorn, TweakTown's enterprise storage editor, will publish a review on the enterprise workload performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [SanDisk X210 256GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.