8K Random Read/Write
8K random read and write speed is a metric that is not tested for consumer use, but for enterprise environments this is an important aspect of performance. With several different workloads relying heavily upon 8K performance, we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our Server Emulations below will also test 8K performance with various mixed read/write workloads.
The Toshiba MG03ACA400 delivers an average of 178 IOPS at QD256, again falling into the space between the two competing solutions.
The average 8K random write speed of the Toshiba HDD is 196 IOPS at QD256, only falling behind the V.6 by two IOPS.
The Toshiba MG03ACA400 performs well in comparison to the Western Digital Se, but falls slightly to the Seagate V.6 in the 60-90% range.
Once again, the Toshiba HDD delivers superb latency performance, with 97.70% of I/O's (57,606) at 100-200ms, and the remaining 1,355 I/O's (2.29%) at 200-400ms, edging out the Seagate V.6 by the very slimmest of margins.
Power consumption for the Toshiba MG03ACA400 averages 11.75 Watts during the test period.
The Toshiba averages of 11.72 IOPS per Watt in 8K random write, and 11.75 IOPS per Watt for 8K random read access.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- Fable Legends will use foliage physics to increase visual fidelity
- AMD: GPUOpen could be used for smartphone, tablet graphics
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- Help with N56VB notebook screen
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform