Corsair Obsidian 900D Super-Tower Chassis
The front of the chassis has a large surround with a thin gap on all sides. Inside of that air gap, the top offers four removable bay covers, and a large fan access panel that are all glad in black brushed aluminum. At the bottom you will find the logo and Corsair name in natural aluminum.
Four tabs hold the aluminum cover at the bottom. Behind it, you find a dust filter that has side on it to cover the vented intake around the edge of the bezel, too. Behind that filter are three AF120L fans already to add a bunch of flow into the front of the chassis.
Above the four removable bay covers, the top cover hides the front I/O panel. There are HD Audio jacks and USB 3.0 ports on the left. The long bit of protruding plastic is the power button and is lit with two LEDs with the tiny reset button below it. Then to the right you have a quartet of USB 2.0 ports.
The top of the chassis has a thick band of material from the front bezel at the front, and the same at the rear of the chassis. Between them is the large expanse of mesh to allow the chassis to vent naturally as it is shipped, but it can house a 480mm radiator without blinking, too.
The left side of the chassis consists of two panels. There is the larger top section with a very large window, much like what we had in the Air 540. The lower section has a drop down panel that is held up with magnets. This panel also has side ventilation around it, offers a dust filter, and hides some cool tricks behind it.
The top half of the rear end of the chassis offers quite a bit to check out. There is a large section of ventilation at the top, with push button door releases on either side. Moving down you then run into the rear I/O area and the fourth and final fan shipped in the chassis, this time the AF140L.
The bottom half of it then offers ten ventilates slot covers next to another large ventilated area. At the bottom you have the option to put a PSU in either side, or you can also use two PSUs in here at the same time for more serious systems.
The right side of the chassis also offers the two door concept to chassis entry. Again the top panel will pop out at the top with the push of the button, and to access the bottom half, just flick the lever at the top and pull it the rest of the way over to release the magnetic hold on the chassis.
Under the chassis you find that the front and back feet are part of those panels and not bolted directly to the floor of the chassis. This clears up room on the floor for other things. Since the PSU gets mounted on its side, there is no dust filter or holes for air flow here.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Similar numbers on Fallout 4 PC than Battlefront on all platforms
- AMD to paper launch Radeon R9 Fury X2, could be delayed into 2016
- Harrison Ford has seen 'Force Awakens' final cut
- Nintendo's 'Mario Kart' eSports show coming to DisneyXD channel
- MSI Z170A Krait motherboard includes Rainbow Six Siege, new design
- Sonnet Fusion PCIe Fusion Drive 256GB Thunderbolt 2 SSD Review
- PC-O5SX Availability
- conroe 1333dvi/h beta bios
- Tenda AC15 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- LG TOUTS THE POWER OF OLED IN SLICK NEW CAMPAIGN
- Lenovo Unveils the ThinkPad P40 Yoga Mobile Workstation
- Cohesive Networks Joins HPE's Cloud28+ Catalogue of Services for European Enterprises
- Nokia Technologies announces commercial availability of OZO virtual reality camera
- SingEx Exhibitions Expands Footprint in China with Partnership to Launch IoT China