Specifications, Pricing and Availability
Corsair's specifications sheet doesn't show a large variance in performance between the three capacity sizes. Neutron GTX is Corsair's current flagship product and without any SSD announcements at Computex 2013, we expect it to remain at the top of the pile until at least Q3.
All three-capacity sizes list a maximum sequential read of right around 540MB/s and 550MB/s. Maximum sequential write performance is only listed on the 240GB capacity size and it's 470MB/s. The maximum random write performance is 84K and 85K depending on the capacity size. Neutron and Neutron GTX are 7mm z-height SSDs so they work in many new ultrabooks, and nearly all notebooks and desktops.
Neutron GTX uses the Link_A_Media Devices controller introduced one year ago. Over the past year the controller has shown strong performance, but it does produce more heat than some of the other controllers on the market.
Just weeks ago Corsair introduced a new feature for their SSD products, one that puts Corsair in a very small group that includes Intel, Samsung and Kingston. The Corsair SSD Toolbox bridges software features for Corsair SSD hardware. The Corsair Toolbox is a free add-on that Corsair SSD owners download from the Corsair website. The software allows users to install firmware updates, secure erase drives, set new overprovision targets and optimize Windows quickly.
Neutron GTX drives sell for a premium over baseline Neutron drives - current Newegg pricing above. All three capacity sizes have a standard five year warranty and ship with a desktop adapter bracket, mounting screws and a paper manual.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Corsair Neutron GTX 2013 Edition Drives]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ASUS unveils a Windows 10-powered PC-on-a-stick with the new VivoStick
- You can now download Epic's awesome 'Showdown' VR experience
- PS4 v3.0 firmware includes YouTube Gaming support, more cloud storage
- Your daily WTF: Shower With Your Dad Simulator 2015 is a real game
- Acer announces new Predator Gaming Series monitors with NVIDIA G-SYNC
- Purchasing case fans in Taiwan
- Strontium Nitro 566X 64GB MicroSDXC and USB Type-C Reader Review
- does ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 support window 10 with the G3258 cpu?
- Seagate Backup Plus STDA4000100 4TB External Portable HDD Review
- GA-Z97X Gaming 7 + Samsung SM951 256 gb
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015