Seagate Pro 600 Internals
The Seagate 600 Pro comes in a very sturdy metallic casing, and has a comprehensive anti-intrusion system that makes it nearly impossible to open the SSD without destroying the case.
We observe the four yellow tantalum caps underneath the controller, which comes with a thick thermal pad. These provide enough power to flush the DRAM cache and commit all data in-flight down to the NAND.
Six metal blocks rise up from the case to rest on the thermal pad and controller, allowing for easy heat dissipation into the thick metallic casing. This provides the SSD with a longer lifespan in high-heat scenarios.
The Seagate 600 Pro has eight packages of Type C Toshiba 19nm MLC NAND. These are 64GB packages with 16K page sizes. Two Micron DRAM chips totaling 512MB of capacity flank the LAMD LM87800 controller.
The back of the PCB is unremarkable with absolutely no components.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' gets a further delay
- China is working on the fastest supercomputer, ever
- AMD Radeon Pro Duo drops to $799, dual-GPU Fiji goodness
- Switch's 4310mAh battery takes 3 hours to fully recharge
- LG G6 won't explode because it uses a huge heat pipe
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup