Seagate Pro 600 Internals
The Seagate 600 Pro comes in a very sturdy metallic casing, and has a comprehensive anti-intrusion system that makes it nearly impossible to open the SSD without destroying the case.
We observe the four yellow tantalum caps underneath the controller, which comes with a thick thermal pad. These provide enough power to flush the DRAM cache and commit all data in-flight down to the NAND.
Six metal blocks rise up from the case to rest on the thermal pad and controller, allowing for easy heat dissipation into the thick metallic casing. This provides the SSD with a longer lifespan in high-heat scenarios.
The Seagate 600 Pro has eight packages of Type C Toshiba 19nm MLC NAND. These are 64GB packages with 16K page sizes. Two Micron DRAM chips totaling 512MB of capacity flank the LAMD LM87800 controller.
The back of the PCB is unremarkable with absolutely no components.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo's Super Mario Run mobile game is online-only
- Next iPhone might not be that spectacular after all...
- Samsung confirms Black Pearl; comes with more storage
- Pewdiepie to delete his channel later today
- NASA joins Giphy with almost 500 awesome GIFs
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD