While ASUS is a name we hear quite a bit here at TweakTown, it's been a while since the name has been used in reference to a video card. That changes today with the new ASUS HD 7790 DirectCU II OC that we have on hand. With AMD and NVIDIA both releasing new mid-range models that are really heating up that mid-$100 range, we're seeing a bunch of new mid-range offerings in for testing.
We've got some retail offerings of the GTX 650 Ti Boost in for testing, but today we're going to be looking at the ASUS HD 7790 DirectCU II OC. The formula as always will be very standard with us starting with the package. Once we've done that we'll move onto the card itself.
From the card we'll move onto the specifications side of things, and like the GIGABYTE card we looked at the other day, we've again decided to overclock this ASUS offering due to the fact that the out of the box clock speeds are very similar to that of the Sapphire model we reviewed earlier. We'll quickly cover the testbed, the cards that are in our graphs today and then get stuck straight into the performance to see just what we're able to get out of the ASUS HD 7790 DirectCU II OC.
Checking out the front of the box you can see the main information you'd expect with the model, amount of memory, the fact it's an OC model and some information about the cooler.
The back of the box expands on some of the main features, which includes the DirectCU II cooler. On the left hand side you can also see a picture of the card and a rundown of the connectivity.
Moving inside there's not a whole lot to the bundle. We've got the standard setup guide along with a CD which includes the driver and the GPU Tweak software. You can also see we've got a DVI to VGA connector and a CrossFire bridge to round things out.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 20 [Temperature Test]
- Page 21 [Sound Test]
- Page 22 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 23 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel: 8700K is 11% faster than 7700K
- ARK Survival Evolved dedicated servers go live on PS4
- Shenmue III secures publishing deal with Deep Silver
- Elite Dangerous exceeds 2.75 million copies sold
- Bethesda hiring spree probably isn't for Elder Scrolls 6
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Samsung Portable SSD T5 500GB and 2TB Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes