8K Random Read/Write
8K random read and write speed is a metric that is not tested for consumer use, but for enterprise environments this is an important aspect of performance. With several different workloads relying heavily upon 8K performance, we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our Server Emulations below will also test 8K performance with various mixed read/write workloads.
The average 8K random read speed of the SuperSSpeed S301 comes in at 38,238 IOPS at QD256, which is comparable to the other SATA competitors.
The average 8K random write speed of the SuperSSpeed S301 is 31,116 IOPS at QD256. Once again, the pure random write speed of the S301 leads the pack by a fair margin.
The SuperSSpeed S301 SLC is superb when dealing with varying percentages of write activity. It drops less than 7,000 IOPS from a 100% read to a pure random 8K write workload.
The SuperSSpeed S301 provided 6,227,366 I/Os (66.9%) in the 6-8ms range, and the vast remainder, 2,597,695 I/Os (27.9%), fall into the 10-20ms range.
Power consumption for the SuperSSpeed S301 averages 3.98 Watts, which is very close to the Micron P400m.
The SuperSSpeed S301 averages 7,784 IOPS per Watt during the 8K preconditioning run.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Project Scorpio 4K vs 1080p side by side comparison
- PSN and Xbox LIVE hacker imprisoned for two years
- GALAX GTX 1080 Ti HOF, 3 x 8-pin PCIe power & LCD panel
- NVIDIA's recent Gamer Connect event in India: success
- More 'Star Trek' movies not guaranteed, warns star
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design
- Tenda unveils new USB 3.0 AC1300 wireless network adapter
- SteelSeries brings gamers the world's first dual-surface RGB illuminated mousepad - introducing the QcK Prism