8K Random Read/Write
8K random read and write speed is a metric that is not tested for consumer use, but for enterprise environments this is an important aspect of performance. With several different workloads relying heavily upon 8K performance, we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our Server Emulations below will also test 8K performance with various mixed read/write workloads.
The average 8K random read speed of the SuperSSpeed S301 comes in at 38,238 IOPS at QD256, which is comparable to the other SATA competitors.
The average 8K random write speed of the SuperSSpeed S301 is 31,116 IOPS at QD256. Once again, the pure random write speed of the S301 leads the pack by a fair margin.
The SuperSSpeed S301 SLC is superb when dealing with varying percentages of write activity. It drops less than 7,000 IOPS from a 100% read to a pure random 8K write workload.
The SuperSSpeed S301 provided 6,227,366 I/Os (66.9%) in the 6-8ms range, and the vast remainder, 2,597,695 I/Os (27.9%), fall into the 10-20ms range.
Power consumption for the SuperSSpeed S301 averages 3.98 Watts, which is very close to the Micron P400m.
The SuperSSpeed S301 averages 7,784 IOPS per Watt during the 8K preconditioning run.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Elon Musk wasn't joking about this plan to 'nuke Mars'
- Valve employee proposes to his wife in VR using the HTC Vive headset
- Vinyl sales have outpaced streaming revenues, according to the RIAA
- NASA dumps over 8,400 photos from the Apollo moon mission onto Flickr
- Samsung Galaxy S7 will have Qualcomm or Samsung processors
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- Tesoro Lobera Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Gigabyte Windows 10 driver updates, Utilities...
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog