8K Random Read/Write
8K random read and write speed is a metric that is not tested for consumer use, but for enterprise environments this is an important aspect of performance. With several different workloads relying heavily upon 8K performance, we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our Server Emulations below will also test 8K performance with various mixed read/write workloads.
The average 8K random read speed of the SuperSSpeed S301 comes in at 38,238 IOPS at QD256, which is comparable to the other SATA competitors.
The average 8K random write speed of the SuperSSpeed S301 is 31,116 IOPS at QD256. Once again, the pure random write speed of the S301 leads the pack by a fair margin.
The SuperSSpeed S301 SLC is superb when dealing with varying percentages of write activity. It drops less than 7,000 IOPS from a 100% read to a pure random 8K write workload.
The SuperSSpeed S301 provided 6,227,366 I/Os (66.9%) in the 6-8ms range, and the vast remainder, 2,597,695 I/Os (27.9%), fall into the 10-20ms range.
Power consumption for the SuperSSpeed S301 averages 3.98 Watts, which is very close to the Micron P400m.
The SuperSSpeed S301 averages 7,784 IOPS per Watt during the 8K preconditioning run.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni