SuperSSpeed S301 Specifications
While there is no official TBW rating for the SuperSSpeed S301, there is no doubt that its Intel 25nm SLC NAND will outlast MLC competitors. Many enterprise SSD manufacturers are employing various techniques to enhance the P/E ratio of MLC NAND, but no current techniques can match the 100,000 P/E ratio offered by SLC NAND.
SLC only requires 200-300us to program, compared to the 600-900us for MLC NAND, providing a great write latency advantage. This enhanced write latency equates to a big boost with incompressible data when paired with LSI SandForce flash processor units.
The 6Gb/s SuperSSpeed S301 Hyper Gold SSD comes in a typical 2.5" form factor with a 9.3mm Z-Height, but only currently features one capacity point of 128GB.
The S301 features a five year warranty and a MTBF of 2,000,000 hours. In typical LSI SandForce fashion the S301 does not have DRAM cache, and the SF-2281 supplies 55-bit ECC. The S301 has RAISE functionality disabled.
The SuperSSpeed S301 features sequential read speeds of 550MB/s and sequential write speeds of 520MB/s. The random read IOPS weight in at 80,000 IOPS, and the random write IOPS are an impressive 68,000 IOPS.
The S301 features AES-128 encryption and is TCG opal security compliant.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, a very slick mobo for Ryzen
- AMD Ryzen 5 1600X costs $260, offers Intel perf. at $617
- Early Nintendo Switch consoles were actually stolen
- Why Nier: Automata isn't coming to Xbox One
- Grand Theft Auto movie or TV show could happen
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- Looking for help overclocking a GA-EP43-UD3L
- I5 6600k OC settings.. aorus z270
- ASUS K55VM (LAPTOP A55VM) can't control fan speed for myself
- First ever CPU overclock - is this ok?
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Republic of Gamers announces Strix Impact