SuperSSpeed S301 Specifications
While there is no official TBW rating for the SuperSSpeed S301, there is no doubt that its Intel 25nm SLC NAND will outlast MLC competitors. Many enterprise SSD manufacturers are employing various techniques to enhance the P/E ratio of MLC NAND, but no current techniques can match the 100,000 P/E ratio offered by SLC NAND.
SLC only requires 200-300us to program, compared to the 600-900us for MLC NAND, providing a great write latency advantage. This enhanced write latency equates to a big boost with incompressible data when paired with LSI SandForce flash processor units.
The 6Gb/s SuperSSpeed S301 Hyper Gold SSD comes in a typical 2.5" form factor with a 9.3mm Z-Height, but only currently features one capacity point of 128GB.
The S301 features a five year warranty and a MTBF of 2,000,000 hours. In typical LSI SandForce fashion the S301 does not have DRAM cache, and the SF-2281 supplies 55-bit ECC. The S301 has RAISE functionality disabled.
The SuperSSpeed S301 features sequential read speeds of 550MB/s and sequential write speeds of 520MB/s. The random read IOPS weight in at 80,000 IOPS, and the random write IOPS are an impressive 68,000 IOPS.
The S301 features AES-128 encryption and is TCG opal security compliant.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Nintendo won't be at E3 2017
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Acer Predator X27 gaming monitor: 4K, 144Hz, HDR, G-Sync
- Cutting LED-Strips - LED50RGB-2
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives