Enermax does a good job of making sure that you've got the connectors you need with the Triathlor FC 650W. Only the 20+4 pin and ATX 4+4 pin cables are natively wired which you are guaranteed to need. The rest are modular and my only complaint is in the dual PCI-E cables. Instead of the two connectors being daisy chained off of each other, they both come off the same modular connector for 20 inches.
This is nice for high-end setups where you are pulling lots of Amps across many GPUs, but in a lower end power supply this just isn't necessary. In the case of a power supply like this and, for example, someone utilizes the new GTX 650 Ti that only requires a single PCI-E connector, the end user is still left with cable clutter in their case that they can't get rid of.
Enermax makes load balancing simple and easy with the Triathlor FC 650W power supply. As you can see, it is virtually impossible to unbalance the unit as the Main and ATX 4+4 connectors are on separate rails and each PCI-E connector shares its load across both rails. The only way to put more load on one rail than the other is in the form of peripheral connectors and you would be hard pressed to overload one rail with a few extra hard drives on this unit.
A Look Inside
Inside we find plenty of passive cooling going on to help remove heat from the unit while still keeping a clean design so that fresh air can penetrate all the way down to the PCB.
A single Panasonic capacitor sits on the primary side of the power supply.
The secondary side of the power supply features many Nippon Chemi-Con caps.
Enermax utilizes their own ED122512S-DD fan to provide active cooling for the Triathlor FC 650W unit. Here you can also see the Batwing Blades they spoke about on the back of the box.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The PC Gaming Show is coming back, will take place during E3 2016
- Intel's unreleased 18-core Xeon CPU hits eBay for $999
- In case you missed it. ARK: Survival Evolved updated on Xbox One
- Twitch users spent 241 billion minutes watching games in 2015
- Samsung's huge 18.4-inch Galaxy View tablet drops to $449.99
- OCZ TRION 150 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Any advice on redeeming Asus Promotions?
- Extreme Problem (not alone)
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives