Cooler Master provides a good selection of cables for the Silent Pro Platinum 1000W power supply. Native cables come in the form of the Main, dual EPS12V connectors, and a single cable with dual PCI-E 8-pin connectors on it. Modular cabling provides four more PCI-E 8-pin connectors, 12 SATA connectors, five Molex connectors and a single FDD connector. The short and long cables for SATA/Molex connectors are great and the only thing that I would like to see changed would be for one of the EPS12V connectors to be modular.
Rail distribution is as simple as it gets with a single 12V rail. There is no need to worry about load balancing here.
A Look Inside
Lots of cooling is present within the Silent Pro Platinum 1000W unit, including an all copper heat sink.
Three Panasonic capacitors are on the primary side of the Silent Pro Platinum 1000W power supply.
The secondary side of the power supply isn't as kind to the eyes. We find many Teapo capacitors here and this is always a sign that ripple will not be as low as we like it to be.
Cooler Master uses its own DFS132512M fan to provide the active cooling for the Silent Pro Platinum 1000W power supply. It is quite obvious that the unit is manufactured by Young Lin.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Chrome is Windows 10 users' browser of choice
- MIT students build Jetson TK1 racecars for final assignment
- HBO Now comes to Roku
- Facebook expanding Like button feature with 'Reactions'
- Fallout 4 PC requirements revealed
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent