Software Usage Part 4
The next SD option is the Commit Now box:
This is an easy way for users to commit any files/folders that reside on volumes which are currently in Shadow Mode. Committing of files/folders via this box is immediate.
There is also the very useful context menu commit option that I mentioned earlier: Users can right-click on any files or folders which are located on volumes that are currently in Shadow Mode, and then select the Commit by Shadow Defender context menu option. The following prompt will come up:
This context menu commit option is great for cases where you want to save your own changes on demand, for any files or folders which reside within a protected volume. You can make any changes to any file or folders, add or remove stuff, then right-click on them and commit your actions immediately. If you tick the Do not recurse into subfolders option, then your changes will be saved only for the contents of the topmost folder (the one you right-clicked in the first place). Any other subfolders contained within (along with all of their contents) will remain unchanged if that option is ticked.
Such manually committed changes won't be undone when you reboot. If you have also deleted stuff from those folders while in Shadow Mode and you want those items to stay deleted, then make sure you to also tick the Commit Deleted Files option. This ensures that any content you have already removed from those folders while in Shadow Mode won't come back upon rebooting.
The penultimate option on the left contains the Administration settings. The options here are self-explanatory:
A VERY IMPORTANT NOTE FOR PARENTS HERE: If the computer is also used by youngsters, I would strongly recommend for you to use the Shadow Defender password option. Here's why:
A password will stop the kids from possibly disabling Shadow Mode or messing with the other SD settings. Make sure you select a strong password that your children won't be able to guess. Don't write the password down or save it as a text file; it has to be something that only you will know and remember. There is also a cache encryption option there which is disabled by default. If your system is very old/underpowered/low on resources, I would recommend for you to keep this option unticked.
If you are interested in trying or buying Shadow Defender, you can visit this website.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Overview and History]
- Page 2 [Program Functionality Analysis]
- Page 3 [The Importance of Multi-Layered System Protection]
- Page 4 [System Requirements, Installation and Registration]
- Page 5 [Software Usage Part 1 - Mode Setting]
- Page 6 [Software Usage Part 2 - Mode Setting Continued]
- Page 7 [Software Usage Part 3]
- Page 8 [Software Usage Part 4]
- Page 9 [Important Shadow Defender Usage Tips - Part 1]
- Page 10 [Important Shadow Defender Usage Tips - Part 2]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Das Keyboard takes $20 off keyboards, $0 shipping for holiday sales
- Remedy has finished the 'shivering' end scene in Quantum Break
- Razer injects chromatic flavor into Lenovo's new gaming PC lineup
- NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 900 series price drops for the holidays
- Rumor: Sony unlocks PS4's seventh core to boost performance
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- NEed help setting bios
- Sharp GX-BT7 2.1-Channel Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Review
- D-Link DCS-2630L 1080p Ultra-Wide View IP Wi-Fi Camera Review
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 240L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis