Inside the SST-RL04B
Removing the panels was simple enough, but they do take a fair bit of grip to be able to get them open. Once they are out of the way, you will find the hardware and paperwork tied to the hard drive rack, and the wiring is bundled and run though one of the management holes for safe transit.
The RL04 offers four 5.25" bays in this design. Both sides of the rack have these same tool-free clips in them. You do still have the option to use screws, but with one on each side, these clips are very secure.
The lower section offers five plastic trays in a steel rack for storage drives. Each tray will accommodate 3.5" and 2.5" drives. In front of the rack you can see the one 120mm red LED fan that is installed in the chassis above the optional fan position.
The top of this chassis offers options for two 140mm fans or two 120mm fans. Also if you look closely, the risers are set pretty low, so that an AIO and its fans should go in here without any issues.
The motherboard tray will hold ATX or Micro-ATX motherboards, has a large CPU access hole, and offers six management holes and a few places to tie wiring down.
At the bottom of the tray there is one other large hole to allow the PSU wiring to easily get behind it. The PSU will then sit at the left on top of the steel bumps around the dust filter.
Inside of the back of the RL04, you notice there isn't an exhaust fan, and this lends to the positive pressure feature. The expansion slots are moved all the way back to create more room inside, and under the plastic cover are no screws currently.
Behind the motherboard tray you can see the wiring from the front enters mid-level and may get in the way of the drive bays if you aren't careful, and since they come out this side of the chassis this may be important. There is near 20mm on the right, but at the left you do have much more room.
The included wiring is the four leads for the front panel header of the motherboard, an HD Audio connection, and a native USB 3.0 connection. If you don't have a native USB 3.0 motherboard you will need to purchase an adapter for any USB functionality on the front panel.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Terminator' to wrap with creator James Cameron's return
- PC gaming hardware market hits $30 billion
- Nintendo Switch battery life analysis
- Resident Evil 7 isn't coming to Nintendo Switch
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild's Hyrule is bigger than Skyrim
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni