Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The chart is one of the most minimalistic attempts to show off product specifications I have ever seen, but let me try to embellish these a bit to give you the full feel for what you are buying.
The measurements are close, but my actual cooler is 123mm long (from pipe bends to pipe tips), the width is 105mm, and the height is just over 44mm without the fan attached. They cover the 360 gram weight and that there are six heat pipes, which just for reference are 6mm diameter pipes. This chart does not cover the 39 fins, the fact they are made of 0.4mm aluminum, or the fact that there is a support system to help keep the AXP-100 level. They also fail to mention that the base is made of copper, as are the heat pipes, and they even leave out that this cooler, once assembly is complete, gets a bath in the Nickel plating tank to give it that shiny and attractive look a lot of users tend to choose over exposed materials.
To be honest, there is more information given about the TY-100 fan accompanying the AXP-100 than there are specs for the body of the cooler. The included fan has a brownish-green frame with olive green blades, nine of them in total. This 100mm by 14mm fan is capable of speeds from 900 to 2600 RPM, and can deliver up to 44.5CFM with only 30dBA of noise. I was also sent a TY-140mm fan for testing since that is one of the options this cooler provides. The TY-140 is rated to speeds of 900 to 1300 RPM, delivering up to 74 CFM and only delivering 21dBA of noise to your ears. This fan is also a different color, where the frame is an olive green color, and the blades on it are blue. The reason for the 140mm fan mounting option is to not only reduce noise, but since the fan is much larger than the heatsink it cools, it has "excess" airflow to cool the motherboard or your memory.
As I look around, I still do not see this cooler on any shelves that Google is aware of. Even trolling the main haunts like Amazon, Newegg, FrozenCPU and many others, I was unable to locate it that way either. What I am aware of is that there is an MSRP of $59.95 established for the AXP-100 shipped with the TY-100 fan. Right up front, that seems a bit much for a low-profile cooler, at least most I am used to having a look at, but I do plan to try out both fans, various loads on the CPU, and see what sort of deal this is or isn't once I have all of the facts in front of me.
For now, let's have a look at what the AXP-100 offers aesthetically and functionally as we unbox it and get it mounted for testing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Amazon's WWII alternate reality series is chilling
- Halo 5 has gone gold, campaign clocks in at between 8-12 hours
- PlayStation 4 universal remote to release late October
- HD remastered 'X-Files' Bluray boxset announced
- Chrome is Windows 10 users' browser of choice
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent