Inside the Box
As you would expect from Seasonic, the Platinum 520 Fanless is packed very well.
Pulling the power supply out of the felt bag reveals a friendly reminder that this power supply cannot be installed however you want. The vent on top needs to stay facing up, regardless of the power supply being in the top or bottom of the case.
Extra ventilation is present on the bottom of the unit as well as the I/O specification label.
There is more passive ventilation on the side of the unit.
Swinging around to the other side we find a larger vent as well as the Platinum Fanless series logo.
On the back of the power supply you will find more venting as well as the AC input and on/off rocker switch.
The Platinum 520W Fanless is fully modular. All connections are clearly labeled. Yep, that is more venting in the front too. Every little bit helps.
A very large honeycomb mesh grill is in place of what would normally be the fan on the bottom of the power supply. Minimal obstruction here allows for excellent dissipation of heat passively.
All of the cables for the power supply are modular and either fully sleeved or of the flat ribbon type.
Included in the package are some Velcro cable ties, mounting screws, case badge, zip ties and AC power cord.
Also included with the power supply is a warranty card, user manual and important reminder not to do dumb stuff. That SFF chassis you've got that you plan running without fans and stuffing inside a closed cabinet? Yeah, this PSU doesn't belong in there.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NASA provides MIT with humanoid robot, will help out space missions
- Tesla's Model 3 priced as low as $25,000 after tax subsidies in the US
- Fuel cell maker teases 7-day battery life on smartphones inevitable
- Uber drops its 5% fee in London, to get taxi drivers using Uber
- Micron updates GDDR5X progression, volume production this summer
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance