Inside the Box
As you would expect from Seasonic, the Platinum 520 Fanless is packed very well.
Pulling the power supply out of the felt bag reveals a friendly reminder that this power supply cannot be installed however you want. The vent on top needs to stay facing up, regardless of the power supply being in the top or bottom of the case.
Extra ventilation is present on the bottom of the unit as well as the I/O specification label.
There is more passive ventilation on the side of the unit.
Swinging around to the other side we find a larger vent as well as the Platinum Fanless series logo.
On the back of the power supply you will find more venting as well as the AC input and on/off rocker switch.
The Platinum 520W Fanless is fully modular. All connections are clearly labeled. Yep, that is more venting in the front too. Every little bit helps.
A very large honeycomb mesh grill is in place of what would normally be the fan on the bottom of the power supply. Minimal obstruction here allows for excellent dissipation of heat passively.
All of the cables for the power supply are modular and either fully sleeved or of the flat ribbon type.
Included in the package are some Velcro cable ties, mounting screws, case badge, zip ties and AC power cord.
Also included with the power supply is a warranty card, user manual and important reminder not to do dumb stuff. That SFF chassis you've got that you plan running without fans and stuffing inside a closed cabinet? Yeah, this PSU doesn't belong in there.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Why wasn't the NX at E3? Nintendo is afraid of copycats
- HTC brings 30 companies together for VR, has $10 billion to spend
- Nintendo is officially researching VR
- Nintendo focusing on 'greatness of games' over hardware performance
- 'Tetris' movie becomes a trilogy, we don't know why
- AMD Radeon RX 480 Video Card Review - Starting a Rebellion From $199
- USB speed differences between various motherboards and BIOSses
- Need help with pre-built/used GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 System
- AsRock Z87 extreme 6
- GIGABYTE X99-Phoenix SLI (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- Be Quiet! announces the Dark Base 900 case
- Western Digital launches world's fastest 256GB microSD Card
- MSI readies B150M Mortar Arctic & B150M Bazooka Plus motherboards
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities