Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The SST-SG09B is a Small Form Factor chassis made mostly of steel with a plastic front panel and aluminum-like texture around the edges of the front bezel. As I mentioned, the goal here was to stay within 23 liters of space. This chassis comes in with measurements of 220mm wide, 295mm tall and 354mm deep. Around the chassis you will see that this SUGO keeps with the ventilation that has been such a success. In fact, keeping with trends, there are three removable dust filters on the SG09, all removable from the outside of the chassis. Something that may throw you off when you first see this chassis is the lack of a PSU mounting position in the back of the chassis, but SilverStone has a solution for that too. The last thing to cover on the outside of the chassis would be the front I/O panel with the power button, pair of USB 3.0 ports, and a reset button that is found on the front of the SG09.
On the inside things are radically different than most cases of this nature. At the top of the case is a 180mm Air Penetrator fan and room for a slim, slot load, optical drive. Under the optical drive slot is where the PSU installs in this chassis and can take units up to 180mm in length the way it is oriented inside. Under there you do have room for wiring and even have a spot for an 80mm fan to force air in through the right side of the chassis into the main area. The motherboard tray is compatible with Micro-ATX, Mini-ITX, and DTX motherboards, and the CPU access through the tray is almost the size of a Mini-ITX motherboard. In the back of the chassis there is a 120mm fan installed to help exhaust the SG09, and the last fan is the 120mm fan included on the left side of the chassis to blow air into the front of the SG09. Along with the 120mm fan on the left side, you do have an option to add in a pair of 80mm fans to blow air directly onto video cards positioned behind them.
Many of you may have already seen reviews of this chassis, and it has taken me about a month thus far to even get to get to this sample for review. In the time it has been sitting here, I would have assumed that this chassis would be more readily available by now. I was able to find that Amazon and Newegg are both currently stocking this chassis at a price of $94.99.
Shipping is really close, but Newegg is offering one additional thing at the moment, a $10 Mail in Rebate if you don't mind waiting a few weeks to see that money again. For the purposes of the evaluation today, I will be using the near $95 pricing as the bar to which I am judging this design overall. Now let's see what this money gets you.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Destiny 2 replaces major subclasses and abilities
- Far Cry 5 isn't a Western, set in modern day Montana
- Apple could launch the iPhone 8 and iPhone 7S this year
- Lenovo confirms smaller battery for the Moto Z2 Play
- First images of Nokia's upcoming flagship leak
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK with SSD M.2 Plextor M8PeG 256gb. low speed after shut down
- Prey Review: Dark Stars, Darker Thoughts
- Alien Covenant Movie Review
- Custom Storage Unit
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning