Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK Continued
As an added measure to protect the milled base of this cooler, Phanteks sends a protective sticker on the base of the cooler. As it states, this needs to be removed prior to usage.
As for the connection point between the pipes and the base, here they are soldered. The base is a two part system that fully envelops the pipes and makes a much better thermal transfer at this end than at the fins.
The base is a bit convex, or high in the middle, and lower at the corners, but the entire surface has had a circular mill passed over it down to very fine grooves. Once completed, it is then nickel plated, and the grooves give more surface area, much like a Noctua cooler base.
Jumping ahead and grabbing the fans and the mounting clips, I went ahead and attached them to the body of the cooler. As you can see from the front, there are no fins to be seen as this fan covers the cooler very well.
From the side we have jumped from the 57mm of just the fins to a much wider 107mm now. I have always liked the Push/Pull concept of cooling.
This is just one last look at the Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK before I go ahead and take the fans back off so I can mount it and get the images of that process.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Report claims mobile broadband is more affordable than ever
- It's Not Too Late - Our Cyber Monday Sale Continues Today
- Google Street View used to monitor climate change
- OnePlus clarifies charging cable claims, not blaming suppliers
- Release your frustration with Black Friday, the game!
- conroe 1333dvi/h beta bios
- Tenda AC15 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- Asrock 970 Pro3 R2 Freezes Randomnly
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- Synthesio Announces Janet Megdadi As Chief Revenue Officer
- Polk BOOM Adds to Ready 4 Anything Speaker Family with New Swimmer Duo and Swimmer Jr.
- Viper SmartStart 4.0 Now Lets You Control Your Car from Your Wrist
- Gemalto Payment HSM Supports Cloud Tokenization Requirements for Secure Mobile Payment Transactions and Digitization of Credit Card Credentials
- ALL-METAL LG ZERO BRINGS TOGETHER LUXURIOUS DESIGN WITH BEST CAMERA TECHNOLOGY