Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK Continued
As an added measure to protect the milled base of this cooler, Phanteks sends a protective sticker on the base of the cooler. As it states, this needs to be removed prior to usage.
As for the connection point between the pipes and the base, here they are soldered. The base is a two part system that fully envelops the pipes and makes a much better thermal transfer at this end than at the fins.
The base is a bit convex, or high in the middle, and lower at the corners, but the entire surface has had a circular mill passed over it down to very fine grooves. Once completed, it is then nickel plated, and the grooves give more surface area, much like a Noctua cooler base.
Jumping ahead and grabbing the fans and the mounting clips, I went ahead and attached them to the body of the cooler. As you can see from the front, there are no fins to be seen as this fan covers the cooler very well.
From the side we have jumped from the 57mm of just the fins to a much wider 107mm now. I have always liked the Push/Pull concept of cooling.
This is just one last look at the Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK before I go ahead and take the fans back off so I can mount it and get the images of that process.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni