Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK Continued
As an added measure to protect the milled base of this cooler, Phanteks sends a protective sticker on the base of the cooler. As it states, this needs to be removed prior to usage.
As for the connection point between the pipes and the base, here they are soldered. The base is a two part system that fully envelops the pipes and makes a much better thermal transfer at this end than at the fins.
The base is a bit convex, or high in the middle, and lower at the corners, but the entire surface has had a circular mill passed over it down to very fine grooves. Once completed, it is then nickel plated, and the grooves give more surface area, much like a Noctua cooler base.
Jumping ahead and grabbing the fans and the mounting clips, I went ahead and attached them to the body of the cooler. As you can see from the front, there are no fins to be seen as this fan covers the cooler very well.
From the side we have jumped from the 57mm of just the fins to a much wider 107mm now. I have always liked the Push/Pull concept of cooling.
This is just one last look at the Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK before I go ahead and take the fans back off so I can mount it and get the images of that process.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Kanye West begins showing off his new video game
- Today is the last day for free Google Drive storage offer
- Unity answers Unreal's VR Editor with its own VR-in-VR dev toolset
- Netflix completes migration to Amazon Web Services at last
- Ubisoft expects The Division to be a huge record-breaking new IP
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance