Quite a long time ago I was introduced to Enermax cases when I was asked to have a look at Staray, in its red form. This is still when cases shipped with primer guts and no real wire management options, or even the thought of USB 3.0. Back then less was expected of cases, and for its time, it was a reasonable choice for a mid-tower chassis. Then I was asked to review the Fulmo GT, and this was one large chassis that took advantage of the newer trends. The insides were painted, it offered USB 3.0, had a fan controller, as well as many other options that made me fully recommend that chassis when I saw it, even today it is still a solid competitor for your dollar.
With this newest of cases only being my third to look at, I had yet to get a real grip on the overall quality of the Enermax lineup. Their coolers are always top end, but with the cases I had seen, I had one that by today's standards, likely wouldn't sell, and the other was a complete flip of the coin offering everything users would want in a full tower chassis. That being said, all it would really take to please me to get behind them fully as a manufacturer would be to deliver me a solid chassis that offers a full feature set and proves to me that Enermax can stand the test of time and continue to stay on the edge of designs and keep the fine eye to detail that sold me on the Fulmo GT.
Today we are going to be having a look at the Enermax Hoplite ST. Now there was already a Hoplite from Enermax, but I wasn't asked to look at that chassis, but from what I can tell by the images on site, the Hoplite ST is a definite move in a better direction for this chassis name. While the original was bold and took advantage of the Vegas LED fans that were new at the time, it wasn't a chassis that you would immediately like, but even by today's standards it has a very well appointed feature set. Stripping the chassis of some things, swapping it out for other ideas, and a complete redesign of the exterior is what Enermax is bringing forth in the latest Hoplite to carry this name.
Stick with me, this will be interesting at the very least as I take you through, in fine detail, what the Enermax Hoplite ST has to offer.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NASA solved the secret of ESA's missing Mars lander
- He changed his name to Seven iPhone for a free iPhone 7
- New photos and a shocking price of Huawei Mate 9 emerged
- Elon Musk describes his vision for colonization of Mars
- Nintendo Switch is single-screen only, says Nintendo
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now