Quite a long time ago I was introduced to Enermax cases when I was asked to have a look at Staray, in its red form. This is still when cases shipped with primer guts and no real wire management options, or even the thought of USB 3.0. Back then less was expected of cases, and for its time, it was a reasonable choice for a mid-tower chassis. Then I was asked to review the Fulmo GT, and this was one large chassis that took advantage of the newer trends. The insides were painted, it offered USB 3.0, had a fan controller, as well as many other options that made me fully recommend that chassis when I saw it, even today it is still a solid competitor for your dollar.
With this newest of cases only being my third to look at, I had yet to get a real grip on the overall quality of the Enermax lineup. Their coolers are always top end, but with the cases I had seen, I had one that by today's standards, likely wouldn't sell, and the other was a complete flip of the coin offering everything users would want in a full tower chassis. That being said, all it would really take to please me to get behind them fully as a manufacturer would be to deliver me a solid chassis that offers a full feature set and proves to me that Enermax can stand the test of time and continue to stay on the edge of designs and keep the fine eye to detail that sold me on the Fulmo GT.
Today we are going to be having a look at the Enermax Hoplite ST. Now there was already a Hoplite from Enermax, but I wasn't asked to look at that chassis, but from what I can tell by the images on site, the Hoplite ST is a definite move in a better direction for this chassis name. While the original was bold and took advantage of the Vegas LED fans that were new at the time, it wasn't a chassis that you would immediately like, but even by today's standards it has a very well appointed feature set. Stripping the chassis of some things, swapping it out for other ideas, and a complete redesign of the exterior is what Enermax is bringing forth in the latest Hoplite to carry this name.
Stick with me, this will be interesting at the very least as I take you through, in fine detail, what the Enermax Hoplite ST has to offer.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Just Mobile launches 'self-healing' iPhone cases
- BlackBerry could exit phone business if the Priv crashes
- Surface Book has dual-GPU setup with custom 1GB GDDR5 Maxwell GPU
- Xbox boss: 'We aren't motivated by beating Sony'
- ARK: Survival Evolved developer has no ETA on DX12 patch
- Kingwin Power Dock PD-2537U3 Dual-Bay Clone Storage Station Review
- GA-X58A-UD3R Rev1 SSD Boot Order Issue.
- Help Updating GA-X58A-UD3R Rev2.0 Bios
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent