Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Unlike the MK-13, the MK-26 comes with two radiators, one on each side of the base and heat pipes. This makes for a stack of 20 fins on one side and a stack of 45 on the other. Getting a bit more specific, the base is copper, and so are the six 6mm diameter heat pipes. The aluminum fins are 0.5mm thick and are pressed over the heat pipes, but when these pipes meet the base, they are soldered into place. The base, top plate, heat pipes, and even the fins are all nickel plated for both style and anti-corrosive reasons. Looking at the dimensions you can see the MK-26 is quite large, and packaging included the kit weighs in at 583g, and I would guess that around 450g of that is hanging on your video card.
The chart also claims that the MK-26 has a 320 Watt TDP, but that does matter which fans you choose as to if you can comfortably deliver that much power. To help users get as many cooling options as possible, the MK-26 allows for either a pair of 140mm fans or 120mm fans to be mounted to the radiators to cool this beast. This is a universal solution that offers mounting for 37 NVIDIA GEFORCE video cards from the 7800 GT on through the GTX 680. As for the AMD side of the selections, there are 20 in total from the Radeon HD 3850 on through the HD 7970. To complete the testing you will see I will be using the HIS HD 7950 IceQ Turbo and a pair of the Corsair SP120 fans.
It seems that since the release of the MK-26 just happened, locations in the US are not showing any current stock of these coolers. In their own press release they did state that Overclockers.co.uk will have exclusive stock on the other side of the pond with the pricing set at Â£51.98. Typing that into Google, at the current exchange rate, that would leave the MK-26 with the pricing of $84.29 US dollars. Now that is a pretty hefty price considering I still have to shell out for some fans.
It really seems that everything about the MK-26 screams "enthusiast cooling solution". It isn't just the size or the customizability, the price takes this out of the average user's hands and is only for those who can afford to try the biggest and maybe the best video card air cooling solution anyone is offering currently.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Prolimatech MK-26 Multi-VGA Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Installation and Finished Product Continued]
- Page 8 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony Xperia Z5, Xperia X5 amongst first for Android 7.0
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 features 10-core CPU, costs $135
- HBM3 released by 2020, offers more bandwidth, less power
- Acer rumored to unveil a gaming-oriented smartwatch soon
- Mad Max for PC drops to $10 in leftover summer sale
- Asus Zenbook pro ux501vw touchscreen?
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 - Is Bigger Always Better?
- Are LianLi case fans any good?
- GAMDIAS Hermes RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Really hot idle temps on X99 Extreme 4/3.1
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller
- Cooler Master announces the MasterMouse Pro L