High Quality AA and AF
While we test all our games with maximum in-game settings, turning on Anti-Aliasing (AA) and Antistrophic Filtering (AF) helps take the intensity of our testing to another level.
Here we see video cards go from playable FPS to an unplayable FPS and the real power houses continue to help break that 60 FPS mark we always aim for to provide a smooth gaming experience.
Here we see a little bump in performance at both resolutions which are enough to put the video card ahead of the GTX 660 Ti Power Edition. Like all the other cards here, though, 2560 x 1600 numbers aren't playable.
Looking at the Aliens vs. Predator numbers we can see the new Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor-X OC with Boost is able to break the 60 FPS barrier at 1920 x 1200. 2560 x 1600 isn't an option, but you can see that the NVIDIA video cards struggle at both resolutions under this benchmark.
Far Cry 2 numbers at both resolutions are strong and you can see the Sapphire video card is able to break the 30 FPS minimum at 2560 x 1600 with no issue. On the other hand the GTX 660 Ti Power Edition isn't able to do this.
Looking at the Metro 2033 AA numbers you can see no change between the HD 7950 video cards at all at both resolutions. These numbers are still enough to be ahead of the GTX 660 Ti Power Edition, but at 1920 x 1200 it falls just below the 60 FPS number we want for a smooth gaming experience.
Finally Just Cause 2 performance shows a nice boost and gives us a lot more breathing room at 1920 x 1200. Compared to the GTX 660 Ti you can see that there is little difference as the GTX 660 Ti Power Edition also falls below 60 FPS at 2560 x 1600.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen powered QNAP NAS spotted at Computex
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning Z spotted
- Regenerate a 'Doctor Who' Blu-ray in our latest giveaway
- Take-Two earns 81% of its net revenue from consoles
- AMD ThreadRipper 1998X: 16C/32T @ 3.9GHz, 44 PCIe lanes
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017