Looking above you can see a run down on our testbed so we won't go into any more detail on that. Instead we'll quickly cover the boards that we'll be using in our graphs today before moving onto the overclocking side of things which is then of course followed up with the performance tests.
Outside of the ASRock Z77 Pro3 running at both stock and overclocked speeds, we've got the more expensive Z77 Extreme6 from ASRock, X79 Extreme4 and two options from ASUS which include the Maximus IV Extreme-Z and Maximus V GENE.
When it came to the overclocking side of things I wasn't too sure what to expect from such a cheap board, so we adjusted our voltages and started at a 45x multiplier which gave us an even 4.5GHz. We got into Windows and did some testing and didn't run in to any problems, so we headed back into the BIOS to try out the 46x Multiplier.
That also looked good so we moved it up to the 47x one which results in a 4.7GHz clock speed. We got into Windows no problem, but during our MediaEspresso encode, the program crashed out at 22%, meaning it was time to head back into the BIOS and take it back slightly.
We messed around with the 46x multiplier and BCLK a little, but we found the best place for our CPU on this board was simply at 46 x 100 which results in a 4.6GHz clock speed on our Intel i7 3770k CPU.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Valve partners with Bitpay, with Bitcoin support now on Steam
- Intel no longer defines itself as a PC company, thinking more broadly
- Weekly Giveaway: Win a ZOTAC SONIX PCIe 480GB SSD (Global Entry!)
- Facebook, Messenger, Instagram apps debut on Windows 10
- Fallout 4 Steam patch adds Survival difficulty, improves performance
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- Cold double post on Z77X-UD5H
- Lian Li PC-X510 question about resonance sound
- 1MORE Swarovski Crystal Piston Earphones Review
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched