For those of you who like me have seen just about eighty to ninety percent of all CPU coolers made in the last five to ten years, you see a few coolers that are essentially the same as a few others that are already available. This is one of those instances. I have personally seen this cooler shipped out from three different manufacturers up to now and one of those three is bringing it back to life again.
Jumping into my Way Back machine and setting a course for about this time in 2009 we see the release of the ExtremeGear HP-1216, which used this exact cooler just in a more natural state of aesthetics. Spin the dial ahead another year and we see the EFFIZIO from SilenX, which had a slightly different fin shape, but is the same cooler under it all. Around that same time Spire released the TherMax Eclipse in its original form.
So just with Spire alone there has already been another version of this design since the original TherMax Eclipse released. This would be the TherMax Eclipse II. Shockingly throughout this process, there have been absolutely no changes done to anything in the cooler design, it is more or less a choice of fans that makes the difference between the TME and TME II, not even the hardware was changed. Sort of as a punch to the gut of cooler design, Spire is releasing the same cooler again in its third incarnation of the TherMax Eclipse CPU cooler.
The cooler we get to look at today is the Spire TherMax Eclipse III or TME III as you will see on the packaging. Once again we are left with the same exact tower design as the previous two TME coolers and again the only major change to the cooler is the choice of fans accompanying this cooler.
Hang tight as we look through quite a bit of "been there; done that" and see what sort of performance this old tower with new fans brings in terms of performance and see what sort of sound levels we have to deal with to obtain said performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Spire TherMax Eclipse III CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Nintendo won't be at E3 2017
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Acer Predator X27 gaming monitor: 4K, 144Hz, HDR, G-Sync
- Unikrn expands into Vegas, acquires eSports firm LEET
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives