A while ago we looked at the HIS HD 7870 IceQ Turbo and even HIS found themselves impressed with what the video card was capable of when we started overclocking it. Wanting to see if we could have the same kind of success with the non-Turbo model, HIS sent it over to us.
Along with finding out the overclocking ability of the non-Turbo model, HIS wanted us to try out the new iTurbo software from them which is one of the most recent attempts of a company bringing their own video card overclocking software to the table. We've always been very much MSI Afterburner exclusive here thanks to regular updates and just a great user interface, but over the years we've looked at what companies have bought to the table with ASUS and SmartDoctor along with Sapphire and Trixx to name just a couple.
Because the non-Turbo model is near identical to the Turbo model we looked at earlier we won't get into the package or the video card itself. We will quickly take a look at the specifications, though, while we also take the time to overclock this video card here today.
To make it more interesting as well we thought that we'd throw our Turbo card into the mix today and see how the cards went in CrossFire. With our fingers crossed the non-Turbo video card showed the same kind of overclocking success as the Turbo model, we should be able to get some excellent performance out of the setup here.
We'll also be taking the time to have a closer look at the iTurbo software that HIS is promoting. We'll go through the main areas of it and talk about what it has and more importantly what it's missing. Once we've done that we'll quickly how we went with overclocking.
As we said, outside of the "Turbo" labeling on the video card and box, there is no change between the two models here from a physical stand point. The only other change comes in the way of the clock speeds which we'll be covering in just a moment. If you want have a closer look at the bundle and video card, then I recommend you check out our review on the HIS HD 7870 IceQ Turbo we did back in March. For now let's take a closer look at the HIS iTurbo software before moving onto the specifications and the overclock we managed to achieve.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [HIS iTurbo and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Pre-order Skyrim-themed Monopoly game for March 2017
- Google working on standalone mixed reality headset
- Battlefield 1 patch v1.02 released, UI fixes and more
- 'The Get Down' costs Netflix $16 million per episode
- Star Citizen alpha is free until October 30
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now