A while ago we looked at the HIS HD 7870 IceQ Turbo and even HIS found themselves impressed with what the video card was capable of when we started overclocking it. Wanting to see if we could have the same kind of success with the non-Turbo model, HIS sent it over to us.
Along with finding out the overclocking ability of the non-Turbo model, HIS wanted us to try out the new iTurbo software from them which is one of the most recent attempts of a company bringing their own video card overclocking software to the table. We've always been very much MSI Afterburner exclusive here thanks to regular updates and just a great user interface, but over the years we've looked at what companies have bought to the table with ASUS and SmartDoctor along with Sapphire and Trixx to name just a couple.
Because the non-Turbo model is near identical to the Turbo model we looked at earlier we won't get into the package or the video card itself. We will quickly take a look at the specifications, though, while we also take the time to overclock this video card here today.
To make it more interesting as well we thought that we'd throw our Turbo card into the mix today and see how the cards went in CrossFire. With our fingers crossed the non-Turbo video card showed the same kind of overclocking success as the Turbo model, we should be able to get some excellent performance out of the setup here.
We'll also be taking the time to have a closer look at the iTurbo software that HIS is promoting. We'll go through the main areas of it and talk about what it has and more importantly what it's missing. Once we've done that we'll quickly how we went with overclocking.
As we said, outside of the "Turbo" labeling on the video card and box, there is no change between the two models here from a physical stand point. The only other change comes in the way of the clock speeds which we'll be covering in just a moment. If you want have a closer look at the bundle and video card, then I recommend you check out our review on the HIS HD 7870 IceQ Turbo we did back in March. For now let's take a closer look at the HIS iTurbo software before moving onto the specifications and the overclock we managed to achieve.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [HIS iTurbo and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Shazam's first trailer injects fun, and color into the DCEU
- DC unleashes first Aquaman trailer during SDCC 2018
- GeForce GTX 1170 benchmark surfaces, faster than GTX 1080 Ti
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit